Who makes AC Delco Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I just bought a couple AC Delco 3614 equivalent oil filters. I am curious who makes these oil filters. The look very similar to my STP 3614 oil filters, so I am thinking they are rebadged Frams?

Thanks!

As already said, they are Champ Labs ecore design. Filters like a PF52E ecore are packed(61) with pleats. The plastic center cage support does not have the media support like a metal tube does. Chunk of media going through my motor does not sound good to me, so I am going to stick with the metal center tube just because of the better media support.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
As already said, they are Champ Labs ecore design. Filters like a PF52E ecore are packed(61) with pleats. The plastic center cage support does not have the media support like a metal tube does. Chunk of media going through my motor does not sound good to me, so I am going to stick with the metal center tube just because of the better media support.

Not a fan of E-Cores either but have to give credit that they seem to have tighten up the design on the plastic center tube rib spacing to address the issue of media blow outs in that area. Seems to coincide with AC/Delco adopting them across the board for their can filters.

FRAM/Champ makes them, well most of the popular ones last I heard. Not all are e-core type, as I still see the "classic" design around. Wife's Buick 3.6L uses an AC PF64 which has steel tube and end caps. That's a suuuuuper popular engine, too.

AC Delco is GM's brand that GM sells to dealerships, so they buy a lot of stuff from a lot of different suppliers and slap their name on it. The GM dealerships service non-GM cars, too, so they buy filters/plugs/belts/etc for all those cars too and simply put the AC Delco name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back