OILS, foil seal or no foil seal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Carbon12
After hearing some time ago about people finding used oil on the shelves that had been returned, I try to check out any sopus bottles prior to purchase. I look to see if the oil is dark in color through the clear strip on the side. I also like to very gently turn the cap to see if I meet any resistance from the plastic sealing ring being intact.

The foil seal used on Mobil 1 and others is nice but I think a tamper resistant shrink wrap band around the bottle cap/neck would be better. No worries of a piece of foil getting into the engine somehow.

Great idea! Like a shrink wrap plastic around the cap/bottle like salad dressing bottles. Easy to confirm if new and unused.

Walmart SuperTech full synthetic (made by Citgo) has a foil seal on the 5 quart bottle.

I won't buy a 5 quart oil bottle without a foil seal.

I even check the foil seals on coolant and Purple Power.

I even check the foil seals on windshield washer fluid!

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Wow, talk about paranoid. What are the chances of someone returning used oil? What kind of neighborhood DO you live it....lol. And the comment that a cap without a seal might allow a company to not over-fill their oil jugs....really?

Jerks that return jugs with used oil in them have vehicles (Duh) so no neighborhood is safe. I have seen evidence of this in the best of neighborhoods. People that work in the worst of neighborhoods are likely a little more cautious about taking things back......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back