American XT synthetic blend oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Family Dollar today and decided to browse their auto section. I came upon American XT (which I had never heard about) motor oil, partically the synthetic blend which they had in 5w-30 and 10w-30 for only $3 a quart. I was quite surprised at the price. I looked at the back of the bottle and it's API SN, SM, SL, SJ and ILSAC GF-5. I became even more surprised and intrigued.

Has anyone had any experience with this oil? Would you trust it? Would you say it's the equivalent of walmarts ST line?

At least decent if it's SN. I think PQIA tested it.

American XT is made by Warren Oil (NOT WPP)

Comparable to ST

When I was in high school I put American XT Dexron/Mercon transmission fluid in everything requiring that spec. Never had an issue. In fact the trans in my buddies old C10 lasted the life of the truck (360k miles and 3 engines) with the majority of fluid changes being American XT.

A friend of mine picked some up about 6 months ago for his GMC pickup. 6 quarts. I think the oil is still in there. Seems like it meets the specs. No worries.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
When I was in high school I put American XT Dexron/Mercon transmission fluid in everything requiring that spec. Never had an issue. In fact the trans in my buddies old C10 lasted the life of the truck (360k miles and 3 engines) with the majority of fluid changes being American XT.

Wow! That's outstanding.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back