NAPA 1334 Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a Subaru outback h6. Saw 5k miles with Trop-artic 5w30. Summer service, no cold starts.

Rather surprised at the pleat spacing at the seam. Seems odd, but no tears and pleats Nic and straight.

Silicone adbv in perfect shape.

Another unremarkable cut and post, other than the pleat spacing.

Looks OK to me. No tears either
smile.gif

I used to run these on my moms old Elantra when she had it. Never any issues aside from their pricing. Napa filter sales are about the only way to go IMO. Might as well get an Ultra otherwise.

I get the jobber Wix delivered to my shop as do a lot of other shops i know and they are good filters..

However if you are a consumer buying them from a napa store or other auto parts stores at their usually high prices it does not make sense and they are often sitting on the shelves with lots of dust on them for months and maybe years in some cases.
The other thing is they are behind the counter i would like to see the filter i am buying.

I only ever buy them on the filter sale, which gets them for less than $4.

The only way to go.

Otherwise, yes, the FU is about the same price.

I'd use a FU and abandon the wix, but after seeing the grit inside this filter , I'm worried about it getting out during bypass, so base end bypass is a must, at least in a less than spotless engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back