neighbor wises up-dumps his 2012 equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a pile this car has been. he bought it with out doing any reasearch and was a blind long time gm customer. its started rapid oil use around 20k . at 29k the timming chain went. oil use got worse even after switching to 10w30 as a test. at 60 k the second timming chain started making noise and the ac went out. he took my advice and traded it in (on a jeep Cherokee with the trouble prone 9 speed auto) the jeep was against my advice. i of course recommended a toyota

Darn, he wasn't able to experience the PCV system explosion because you live in a warm climate.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Maybe he enjoys spending time at the dealer?
free coffee

Right. Sit on the leather couch, drink a Kerig, watch the plasma TV and then wait for the $200 O2 sensor (part only) to be retrieved from the back.

Funny how anecdotal / inconsistent experiences can be. My best friend just turned 97K on his. He has had it to both coasts towing a small trailer. He loves it, and says it might be the best vehicle he has ever owned. No timing chain noises, no A/C issues just keeps running. A steady diet of M1 5w-30, that's it.

yep proud gm basher. i know poor quality when i see it. check my sig. i own one. actually my neighbor got an extremly generous trade in. owed 6k and got 10.5k. he wouldn't listen about the 9speed zf trans issues. does jeep warrenty give a free loaner car? he just might need it.

According to CR the Equinox was supposedly a very good product, with decent reliability as well. I don't care which model or brand you buy even the best brands have issues and yes there are plenty of Toyota and Honda lemons these days are ALL brands have lower levels of quality.

Let me tell you about the V6 Camry given to a family member that consumed a quart of oil driving 600 miles. And continued that pattern of using a quart every 600-700 miles. That car had only 60k miles on it, and was maintained by the book. Too bad, the rest of the car was immaculate. Except for the oil-soaked rear bumper. Nobody in the family owns a Toyota after that car.

Im a pro GM guy but I hate all their suv's other then the LS based ones - Tahoe and Suburban. It seems any of the models with the V-6's post S10 Blazer are just trouble prone.

I had a Terrain and it was great. Also owned another half dozen or so GMs and they all gave great service, I have no complaints.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Funny how half of the OP's posts are anti-GM rants.

I can't count for others, but for me most of my dislike for GM is based upon my experience as a supplier to them. Several years ago I had an epiphany that if GM held their customers in as much contempt as they do their suppliers, then I would be a fool to ever buy another GM car. When the ignition switch fiasco hit, all it did is provide me solid evidence that my reasoning was not only sound, but also very wise. This is coming from a guy that has owned nine GM cars over the years. I still drive one, but once it is gone, it will be the last.

You may find anti-GM rants stupid, or even comical. I find dyed in the wool loyal GM customers humorously entertaining, but mostly naive.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Funny how half of the OP's posts are anti-GM rants.

I can't count for others, but for me most of my dislike for GM is based upon my experience as a supplier to them. Several years ago I had an epiphany that if GM held their customers in as much contempt as they do their suppliers, then I would be a fool to ever buy another GM car. When the ignition switch fiasco hit, all it did is provide me solid evidence that my reasoning was not only sound, but also very wise. This is coming from a guy that has owned nine GM cars over the years. I still drive one, but once it is gone, it will be the last.

You may find anti-GM rants stupid, or even comical. I find dyed in the wool loyal GM customers humorously entertaining, but mostly naive.

Well, based on my ownership experiences, I'll gladly consider buying another in the future. No complaints here and the ownership experience was overwhelmingly positive. There are a few brands that don't interest me, but I don't go around creating threads needlessly bashing them.

I always love a post about someone's sister's roommate's brother's friend that once worked with someone who knew someone with a 1974 whatever that was junk.

The beauty of Hondas is that all dealers except Honda will give you a great trade in value. I know that very well and Honda will admit to it. Dumb!

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Seems atypical. Bummer he likely took a bath in depreciation as this is not a crv or RAV4 that has insane resale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back