VOA Fuchs Sintopoid 75w-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Here is Fuchs Sintopoid 75w-90, which is supposedly spec for Saab MTF 0063, and also suited for BMW non-LSD differentials as an alternate to Castrol XO/XJ. Fuchs recommends this (not approved apparently) for: VW TL 521 45-Y (G 052 145 A2)

I intend to use this in my BMW 135i differential.

B7ACAA9D-F018-4B41-B446-9F2512B47547_zpsokn0cmru.jpg

Fuchs%20Sintopoid%2075w-90%20VOA_zps4xmh2g92.jpg

For comparison to the Pentosin FFL 3 75w fluid, which has 25ppm Ca, 105ppm B, 442 ppm P, and an acid number of 1.03 seen here:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...lui#Post3932747

I didn't make an effort to vigorously shake it. It shouldn't be necessary IMO.

This one looks like it may have a Sodium Tri-Sulfate-Phosphate EP package.

Undoubtedly there are other organic EP components.

The oxidation number tells me it may have a POE ester or a sulfurized ester component.

Last edited:
You should know that an MSDS only shows chemicals that are potentially hazardous or toxic.

An MSDS is NOT a formula sheet for the product.

Yes, I know, but when you said:"Undoubtedly there are other organic EP components", we can have a look at the MSDS to complete the information if some of them are listed in the MSDS and invisible on the VOA. With no guaranty there are no others
smile.gif

Despite in this case, the two components listed seems to be part of keto amide friction modifier ? do you agree ?

One is a friction modifier while the other is an anti-oxidant.

Quote:
we can have a look at the MSDS to complete the information if some of them are listed in the MSDS and invisible on the VOA. With no guaranty there are no others

I don't agree. You cannot complete the information by your method.

One would need a host of analytical instruments (including GC-FFTIR) to determine the full range of chemistry.

When I said:
Quote:
"Undoubtedly there are other organic EP components",
I was basing that on my experience and what I use in the lab, and the chemistry's that make up additive packages.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Here is Fuchs Sintopoid 75w-90, which is supposedly spec for Saab MTF 0063, and also suited for BMW non-LSD differentials as an alternate to Castrol XO/XJ. Fuchs recommends this (not approved apparently) for: VW TL 521 45-Y (G 052 145 A2)

I intend to use this in my BMW 135i differential.

No photo today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back