Shooting forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a lot of handgun shooting. I reload a lot and have a great outdoor range at my club. So, I'll look at your Shooting forum.
krh

So why don't we see more discussion about guns on this site? I'm happy to join in but at the moment a deal of what ought to be being discussed here is being posted in other places.'

Should we start with what we have and our experiences with them?

Well, looks like Ruger bought the company and is offering this ammo under the Ruger name. That says alot right there.
Ruger has never offered branded ammo.

Being oil guys I'd expect you guys to respect fluid dynamics better. That's how the flutes work. They are designed to impart velocity to the fluids as it passes through a person, much like an expanding hollow point does.
Done right (and I imagine these are) it should offer more damage on a regular basis to tissue than a hollow point that can be plugged.

It's going to be fun as these become more popular and a greater number of tests are done with them.
With all the bans on lead, and the closing of the last lead mine here in the USA, ammo is going to either have to change or become extremely expensive.
Shoot, they don't even make lead wheel weights anymore. Casting your own used to be so much easier.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
With all the bans on lead, and the closing of the last lead mine here in the USA, ammo is going to either have to change or become extremely expensive.
Shoot, they don't even make lead wheel weights anymore. Casting your own used to be so much easier.

The closing of "the last lead mine" in this country is going to have a non existent effect on the availability of lead in this country. Casting is still a viable, cost effective alternative to shooting jacketed ammo. People are going nuts about all this lead nonsense. Scrap lead is available everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back