2013-2015 accord 6mt fluid change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a hard time verifying the correct fluid capacity for the 6mt. Also the location of the check plug or weep hole. There is nothing in the owners manual about the actual capacity, just the type of fluid to use. 2013-2015 accord owners that have changed the fluid out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bing search, youtube video says two quarts. Most probably, knowing Honda, an MTL (light) grade but you said the OM specifies type.

Probably around 2 quarts, but you can always buy a third just in case. The transmission can;t be overfilled because the fill plug is sideways
smile.gif

Besides Honda MTF, RoyalPurple Synchromax, Valvoline MTF, Pennzoil Synchromesh, BG SyncroShift.... and other 7-10cst MT fluids are an option.

Capacity? Thought it was 2.7 quarts. But, it'll depend how long you let it drain(preferably hot), and whether car is on ramps or level on lift. Measure what comes out as a starting point.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Honda has their own Manual Transmission Lube. You can get it at the dealer very Very reasonable.

When I had my S2000 I used it. Great stuff. Go with the Honda MTL

FWIW I've used it too in the the four Hondas we've had over the years with good result.

Not asking for the type of fluid. Looking for the transmission oil capacity. I have seen 2 quarts, 2.2 quarts, and 2.7 quarts. But can't find any writin information on it. Also can't find the location of the check bolt. This transmission has the fill hole on top of the transmission case in the vertical position making it hard to get an accurate reading. A fill hole on the side would be easy, just fill until the oil runs out.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Do what I do: measure what came out very carefully and put that exact amount back in...

That assumes that it doesn't leak, was properly filled at the factory, was properly checked at the dealer prep, or refilled correctly at any quickie lube service.

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Having a hard time verifying the correct fluid capacity for the 6mt. Also the location of the check plug or weep hole. There is nothing in the owners manual about the actual capacity, just the type of fluid to use. 2013-2015 accord owners that have changed the fluid out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Turboaccord. I am transcribing from my 2013 Honda Accord Owners Manual as I type. The K24 four cylinder engine lists 2.0 quarts for the manual transmission in the vehicle specs near the back of the manual while the J35 V6 engine lists 2.2 quarts.

When I changed the transmission fluid of my Accord V6 with the six speed manual, I carefully measured the volume of the factory fill and indeed it did measure to 2 quarts and just shy of four ounces.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no check plug on these transmissions. The fill plug is on top of the transmission while the drain plug is located on the SIDE of the transmission facing the center of the car. Both plugs use the 3/8 inch ratchet square drive. Finally, be advised that Honda really torqued the fill plug on these transmissions. I broke a ratchet trying to loosen this plug. Also I suggest using about twelve inches of socket extensions to loosen the fill plug so as to navigate between the air filter box and battery.

Finally, I have been using Genuine Honda Manual Transmission Fluid to not take chances with the warranty. The warranty is 5 years and/or 60,000 miles. I am approaching 60,000 miles so I may experiment with other fluids.

These transmissions shift well when warm, but they are cold blooded and "snick" from first to second during cold periods. During cold starts, many times I shift from first to third. Also I change my transmission fluid with each oil change as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back