Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my jetta for about a month now. We had an unseasonably warm November day in Chicago (65 degrees) So I decided to apply a coat of my new Wolfgang Sealant.

I gave my VW a quick wash with Optimum No Rinse and applied the WDGPS shortly after (I clayed and applied a coat of Zaino AIO about two weeks ago so no other prep was needed).

All I can say is WOW! The wolfgang applies pretty thick but you can smooth it out to a very thin coat extremely easy! I applied it to the entire car with a thick microfiber wax pad and gave it about 10 minutes to haze and wiped it off. Removing this sealant is extremely easy! I read it takes about 12 hours to cure once removed so it will sit in my garage the rest of the day!

The results were amazing and I have heard it has great longevity! I am hoping to applied another coat in late December or early January.

If you are looking for someone to try, I highly recommend the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant!

I've hear good things about it. I also heard you do not need to let it haze. There's a guy on YouTube who owns a detail shop and he's pretty much talked about all the widely available waxes. Pretty intresting stuff.

Can't recall his channels name tho.

I got some with my PBMG Groit's DA and Lake Country pads 'package' deal.

Have yet to try it (M105/M205 Meguiar's fan) but now it's tempting!

That's one of the few sealants that has the look of a carnauba wax. It really is easy to apply & remove too. Great stuff.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
That's one of the few sealants that has the look of a carnauba wax. It really is easy to apply & remove too. Great stuff.

Is the durability really that good with Wolfgang 3.0?

I have some but I've yet to try it.

I have used Menzerna's Power Lock and I love it! Great look and excellent durability.

You mentioned something that most people don't seem to understand. Took me a long while to learn also haha! More is NOT better when applying waxes or sealants. When I was younger, I assumed it was. Sure was a pain removing a thick layer of Turtle Wax after it dried...

Originally Posted By: dkryan
Originally Posted By: RTexasF

Is the durability really that good with Wolfgang 3.0?

I have some but I've yet to try it.

I have used Menzerna's Power Lock and I love it! Great look and excellent durability.

There are several videos on youtube that show beading 4-5 months after application. I can tell you that I will be adding a second coat in late December with hopes that will get me through the Chicago winter.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Any chance of pics??

I took a few but they don't do this justice.

I've never had 6 months on cars that stay outside, but I have had 5. On top of that it looks and feels great. It really helps if you clay before applying.

Most of these long-life sealants are delivering great results nowadays. With minimal prep, they can fill a decent amount and make most paints look great for a month or so. From a protection standpoint, most of these products can do 3-6 months.

When you finish this bottle, I really encourage you to consider making a switch to coatings. Products such as CQuartz UK when applied after a proper paint correction, can make maintenance significantly easier.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Most of these long-life sealants are delivering great results nowadays. With minimal prep, they can fill a decent amount and make most paints look great for a month or so. From a protection standpoint, most of these products can do 3-6 months.

When you finish this bottle, I really encourage you to consider making a switch to coatings. Products such as CQuartz UK when applied after a proper paint correction, can make maintenance significantly easier.

Critc, I thought about the DP coating at auto geek as it's pretty affordable but I enjoy waxing my cars. I feel like I miss not having to do any work to my cars 3-4 times per year.

Wolfgang 3.0 was my first foray into a sealant. It is some slick stuff, smashed bugs on the front end just wisk off guts and all. Of course I can never leave well enough alone and after a month or so I start using either Natty's blue or wiping down with Meguiars Instant Detailer spray but I know I still have the sealant as base layer helping to protect.

The neighbor got a new Harley and I had him throw a coat on and he bought a bottle right after because of the ease of bug removal and the slickness it has.

Here's a shot after my summer clay, buff and 2 coats of WDGPS 3.0. That's a Granite Crystal Charger R/T with the Blacktop

It's been five weeks since my last application. The water still beads like crazy and the shine is still there. We have unseasonably warm weather in Chicago so I might slap on another coat this week which I'm sure will get me through a Chicago Winter.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Does this product stain matte black trim? I just picked up a Mazda CX-5 and it has tons of black trim.

It does not stain black trim.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Does this product stain matte black trim? I just picked up a Mazda CX-5 and it has tons of black trim.

It does not stain black trim.

Thanks for the info!

Thought I would post this since detailing weather is showing up where I live. This is a color that I think is difficult to get a great finish on. I wanted the carnuba look, which this sealant does, but also wanted durability. Photo taken on a 4 year old Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

25901376095_6bf8790bd6_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back