Purolator website upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any oil filter named after Bruce Springsteen (royalties paid?) must be solid!

BOSSCutawayZoom.jpg

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
I don't really understand the BOSS filter. Seems like they added structural support to the filter media and gave it a silly name? Which, really, would probably solve the tear problem (the support, not the name)

----This is of course the replacement for the Puro Synth, which never suffered from tearing AFAIK like the old PureOne & Classic did.

Its not wire-backed anymore, but there is some kind of polymer mesh which should hold it OK.

Could they have made the center tube holes any smaller? LOL

Comes in a hexagonal shaped box! Just in time for Christmas too.

http://www.pureoil.com/fileadmin/user_up...Mech_lowres.pdf

The 15,000 mile statement is the same as Fram Ultra. Purolator doesn't state a dirt-holding capacity to back that up. Someone posted a while back how Fram Ultra holds about twice the dirt of most filters, hence longevity assured with the Ultra.

Fram Ultra has a double layer of synthetic media (possibly more depth filtering), wire backed, so I don't see "The Boss" as bossing around Fram Ultra just yet. I see this an on-par with the Royal Purple oil filter or Amsoil oil filters, not quite as good as Fram Ultra still.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Hopefully the use of more patriotic colors will keep them from tearing.
34.gif

Last edited:
Is "re-engineered" the closest we will ever see to a public admission of guilt for past tearing oil filter media from Puro?
dhlKpUp.jpg

New marketing slogan from Puro: "We maybe don't fall apart anymore!" confidence builder

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
As per their brochure - Purolator filter is 96.5% , Puro One is 99% and the Puro Boss is 99%+ - pdf link below.

http://tinyurl.com/New-Puro-Info

At what or greater than micron rating? I am using a Bosch D+ now, last Puro product I have. Rated at 40 microns, big jump from 20. I don't drive a lot can't wait to take that thing off at 5k miles which is about another year. I only used it because the adbv on this model can be seen inside the center tube, so I know it is where it is supposed to be. I will never buy another Puro product with their other type of adbv. Once burned by a bad defect like I had, that's it. That's what Puro fans and defenders here don't get.

OK, now (thanks Bud_One) I see the 27 gram dirt holding claim. The Boss is very similar to Fram Ultra there, hence the 15,000 mile claim. They are not completely clear on the ISO 4548-12 micron level, but I'm guessing these three products basically follow the Fram orange can, ToughGaurd, and Ultra performance, sort of.

bA6DywE.jpg

Looks promising.

Maybe this is the new Purolator come back to reclaim its #1 spot here on BITOG.

Personally, I'm glad M+H reinvested in the brand and will continue production in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Mann-Hummel Purolator "Tech" grayish/silver can for bulk shop purchase too. Wonder if its a "RED".

I think it would be the equivalent of the red because this will be the new Group 7 filter. A lot of cars now are going over 5,000 miles for oil changes, so that rules out the lowest tier filter I would think because that would not meet original equipment requirements.

They'd concede the red is good for warranty requirements if your particular owners manual says you can go longer.

They just don't want to paint such competence with a broad brush, or they'd steal sales from their premium brands.

I like. Wonder when they will start rolling out in stores. There should be some good clearance prices on the old cans too so they can make room for the new ones.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: BigD1
Mann-Hummel Purolator "Tech" grayish/silver can for bulk shop purchase too. Wonder if its a "RED".

I think it would be the equivalent of the red because this will be the new Group 7 filter. A lot of cars now are going over 5,000 miles for oil changes, so that rules out the lowest tier filter I would think because that would not meet original equipment requirements.

They'd concede the red is good for warranty requirements if your particular owners manual says you can go longer.

They just don't want to paint such competence with a broad brush, or they'd steal sales from their premium brands.

Don't really see it that way myself.

If your vehicle and OEM filter are designed for 15,000 mile changes, you need to be using the Purolator Boss.

With aftermarket parts, you decide how much service life you are purchasing.

For example, using the cheapest Wagner brake pads will not invalidate your vehicle warranty. But if your car came with ceramic pads that delivered 80,000 miles, you shouldn't expect Wagner's basic organic pad to deliver those same miles.

If they are saying 5k change schedule only without more words, there is a period after that, and it makes sense IF they got rid of the old statements that really can't be possible world wide under all conditions.
I would rather see more tech data and less sales marketing pitch some of which is silly.
They have been reading here. But where are the micron ratings. 99% @ ?.

www.pureoil.com

On the home page:

"Nothing Gets By Us
When it comes to protecting vehicles and drivers from dirt and debris, nothing gets by Purolator filters. Because nothing gets by our people."

Really ??
laugh.gif

i dont use them anymore either at the shop or on my own cars and trucks i dont care how pretty the box is.. Did they mention fixong their "problems" ????

Lets see if anyone will be brave and try their new box and then cut and post the results.

Sorry they claim there was never a problem so why should they improve maybe just put more colors on the box...Sorry how can they be trusted.

I didn't see where anywhere that they reference the ISO 4548-12 spec anymore with the efficiency numbers.

Lets see if they improved or just painted the old tearolaters and lets see what the price will be so far im sticking with the ultra and the Wix filters although i have seen a couple if wix filters that have not looked so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back