corolla rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

That's the way it is.

Correct, because those people, who make up the majority, are looking for an A to B appliance, not something they can hammer through corners. These are the same people that buy Chinese tires and get their oil changed at Jiffy Lube.

lol, what a ridiculous statement. Plenty of conscientious car people have made wise transportation choices.

I said majority, not everybody. I'm sure there are exceptions but the majority of people are not car enthusiasts and don't know their car has an oil spec in the manual, don't know the COO of the tires they are using....etc. They drop it off at Jiffy Lube for an oil change and put on whatever tires the shop recommends.

There's nothing ridiculous about the statement at all, it is the reality of the automotive world. Most people; the MAJORITY, use their car and view their car as an appliance. The enthusiast market and those knowledgeable about what they drive are the minority.

I said majority, not everybody. I'm sure there are exceptions but the majority of people are not car enthusiasts and don't know their car has an oil spec in the manual, don't know the COO of the tires they are using....etc. They drop it off at Jiffy Lube for an oil change and put on whatever tires the shop recommends.

You look like the majority of Corolla owners. Since you posted a picture of yourself recently.

^ You expressed yourself better this time
wink.gif

These are the same people that buy Chinese tires and get their oil changed at Jiffy Lube.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

You look like the majority of Corolla owners. Since you posted a picture of yourself recently.

Are we to expect Corolla owners to look like ET? People look like people, I don't see your point? Are certain types of car owners supposed to have a specific look to them
21.gif

Are certain types of car owners supposed to have a specific look to them?

It seems so. BMW owners are commonly compared to a select few bodily parts.

There's nothing ridiculous about the statement at all, it is the reality of the automotive world. Most people; the MAJORITY, use their car and view their car as an appliance. The enthusiast market and those knowledgeable about what they drive are the minority.

"They drop it off at Jiffy Lube for an oil change" Or garage with $15-20 oil change special coupon.

"put on whatever tires the shop recommends" or cheapest tire the shop has at the time.

About filthy car, I got in my coworker's Camry some years ago for lunch trip , he had so much junks(newspapers, food wrappers, cigarette buds ...) in his Camry on the floor, on passenger and back seat such that his car smelled so bad I almost threw up. That was only one time I got into his car, I couldn't take another ride.

About Toyota Corolla (and most other Toyota models,) the best attribute was and is reliability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rust_Belt_Pete
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
I`ve got a2014 Corolla now with 21k miles. Couldn`t be more pleased with it . Runs 1900 rpm at 70mph on a flat road with the cvt tranny . My average counting the last 5k miles is reading 39.1 mpg on the dash readout . It rides smooth for a compact car . I don`t feel the tinny-ness that was mentioned. The back seat is roomier than any car in the compact class by far . Roomier than some midsize cars . The price was maybe 1k more than sub compacts that I was considering and the gas mileage was even better than those sub-compacts . Dash board looks good to me , not like every other dash out there these days. I don`t think it handles like a sports car and it`s not designed to . I think that`s the problem with the negative comments . They are comparing a car with cars and trucks that are a ton heavier , longer wheel base, 100 more horsepower and so on . I won`t put down the Dart , Mazda 3, Cruise , and so on because I don`t put down cars I don`t OWN . If you really are interested in a car go to Edmunds.com and read OWNER reviews of that car.

I drive my grandpas Lincoln MKS once in a while and often my wifes mazda 6. If you are used to those kinds of cars the econo boxes will feel inferior. It is all a matter of perspective.
MKS feels like a quiet padded room compared to my ford focus.
Mazda 6? I had a full cup of coffee in my hand and was going off ramp at 55mph and did not even notice, I would have been cleaning that coffee of myself and my car if I did that in the focus.
Exactly my point , Pete . The Corolla in it`s class is a very good choice for me . I give up some comfort compared to a Lincoln or other bigger cars but it`s not a huge amount . But I gain likely double the mileage per gallon . Plus I have a more maneuverable car for parking and such , not to mention I pay maybe less than half of what a lot of these cars are going for. But people are stepping out of these boats and think that the Corolla is supposed to match them . I also like the fact that I can trade them in after 4-5 years and buy a new one and pay cash .

I bet compared to my car a new Corolla would be really nice to drive. My car is tight, is in great shape, and runs well. I put 400 miles on it today though, so I'm sure a new Corolla is a couch on wheels compared to my Camry.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Are certain types of car owners supposed to have a specific look to them?

It seems so. BMW owners are commonly compared to a select few bodily parts.

crackmeup2.gif

It's because it's true, and I'm not saying ALL of them are like this, but MAJORITY are.

My daughter bought an'06 Corolla LE new. I changed the oil and filter for her. Around 60 K I replaced the front pads because they needed it and rotors just because. Tires etc. She had the dlr service it at 150 k and the car drove fine. At 180K the car was sideswiped by a reality challenged young lady and totalled. If you can stand driving a moderately priced transportation appliance that is fairly sturdy. My daughter's daily commute was 120 miles round trip when she was getting her masters evenings after her day job. The car just racked up the miles. Not my idea of a real car, but you couldn't argue the low maintenance required to keep the car reliable.
This,coupled with my brother's experience with his '10 Tacoma base model. I went along with MDW's purchase of the '09 Camry. I don't drive it much. Heck, I don't go anywhere. Because I drive all day for work. driving has lost its allure. The BMW is parked on the front lawn and I'm using the trunk as a tool box for my fix and paint the house project. The Rat sits off to the side. I must remember to plug in its trickle charger. I'm standing 12 feet in the air staining clapboards.
grin2.gif

We rented a Corolla a few years ago to take down to the coast on vacation one summer. Wonderful car!!

A while ago I came across a Prius One. I did some digging, and One's are only available to fleet sales, including rental agencies. While 2's 3's etc have the "can only get this option with that package", the One's are optioned however the fleet buyer wants.

I have to wonder if some of the gripes about rentals are from cars that are optioned in ways that no one would buy. Some sound deadner left off, button for that option, etc.

Just a guess.

After five years of service you'd love to be trading a Carolla instead of your Dart, trust me.

I can't speak for the newest model but I doubt its any good, the last generation was horrendous. We had them as fleet cars and they are easily the worst car in their class. Bad driving dynamics and an interior that is not a nice place to be. Hate those cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back