My First NFA Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul - congrats on your first NFA and welcome; I have 4 NFA items myself.

Very nice looking AR; you've done it up right.

As for the rest of you, try to keep the political banter to yourself and let Pablo enjoy his newest joy, please.

A DI 10MM AR is pretty awesome. Too bad it isn't as cheap as a Glock to change calibers. 9x25 Dillon would be fun.

Very nice, Pablo. The 10mm is an excellent choice IMO because you can use it either in a rifle or pistol and reduce the number of different cartridges on hand as seen fit. And it gets the job done.

Originally Posted By: hatt
A DI 10MM AR is pretty awesome. Too bad it isn't as cheap as a Glock to change calibers. 9x25 Dillon would be fun.

Swapping uppers could indeed get expensive. Funny I do have a 9X25 6" barrel for my Glock 20L. Great rounds. And RMW does make a 9x25 upper, so I've heard.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox
Very nice, Pablo. The 10mm is an excellent choice IMO because you can use it either in a rifle or pistol and reduce the number of different cartridges on hand as seen fit. And it gets the job done.

It's been a real labor of love. Interestingly this AR has driven me to learn tons about the AR platform. I have done a lot to dial this one in. One must really acknowledge, even with a 10mm, how much lower the gas pressures vs. any modern necked rifle cartridge are and go from there. I now use a flat pistol carbine buffer spring, but I still need a standard carbine buffer, however the bolt must be really quite loose in the bolt carrier. I learned a lot from .300 ACC/Blackout subsonic guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back