Windows 10 Critical Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently switched to Windows 10 . Yesterday the computer froze and I had to remove the battery to shut down .

When I turned it on I got a message "Critical error Start Menu and cortana not working".

I restarted a bunch of times and could not get Microsoft Edge to come up .

Finally got back online via safe mode .

Anyone else have this happen ?

I did not opt to use Cortana at the time of the upgrade so it was not in use .

I just did a search on this and read that hitting control+ alt +delete then holding the shift key during shutdown is a way to reset the start menu .

Yes, multiple times on two different laptops. Multiple restarts got the start menu back at least twice. Starting in safe mode was used the last times we had issues.

Windows10forums.com have several people who had some good suggestions and procedures.

Microsoft says they are working on a fix, but it has been two or more months since the problem initially appeared and people started to talk about it.

Just an FYI.
I have someone provide me with computer service and back up. They have advised me, and all other customers, not to upgrade to Windows 10 at the moment because of all the problems that people are encountering with it. I've been advised to wait until it has been properly sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back