Husky 701

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for a track bike, that Husky is on the heavy side. I'd guess you'd have to strip a good bit of weight off of the thing to make it competitive.

It's spec says 67HP, and that will be difficult from a Yamaha engine. I doubt the Yam can make that much, without a huge investment and questionable lifespan.

I have not ridden the new generation of LC4 powered KTM's, only the 640 flavors. I always liked them. Just a nice blend of power.

701 and 67hp with HOW much weight?
vs
450 and 55-60hp with how much LESS weight?

a pound equals how many hp?

and its not really hp you will care about anyway its torque.

yes the 701 will have more torque but does the turn into speed with the extra weight?

and i will bet there are zero aftermarket parts for the 701.

steve

Originally Posted By: sunruh
701 and 67hp with HOW much weight?vs
450 and 55-60hp with how much LESS weight?
a pound equals how many hp?
and its not really hp you will care about anyway its torque.
yes the 701 will have more torque but does the turn into speed with the extra weight?
and i will bet there are zero aftermarket parts for the 701.
steve

The Husky 701 is, in reality a KTM 690 LC4. There are a boatload of parts available for the LC4 engines. They are commonly used in racing.

The weight issue is an odd one. The Husky is really heavy. However, so is the Yamaha. This ain't the old days, where a 500cc 2 stroke can weigh in at 201 pounds.

There is a reason well prepped KTM 380 2 stroke keep winning certain supermoto's. They are equally powerful and lighter.

I just noticed that the Husky 701 team is over 80HP. Wow.

https://youtu.be/muQzJRwG00Q

phoca_thumb_l_313-Supermoto-IDM-Harsewinkel-2015-_D539713.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_305-Supermoto-IDM-Harsewinkel-2015-4_RD8283.jpg

Last edited:
so the husky weighs in at a hippo 319 lbs DRY
and the yamaha yz450f is 247 lbs WET**

who wants to move around 72 PLUS more lbs for supposedly only 15 more hp? and there is plenty that can be done to the yz to make that closer.

SEVENTY TWO POUNDS!!!

It would make a nice cafe racer type bike. I miss 2 stroke street bikes. I like the feel of a 2 stroke engine more than a 4 stroke when fun riding.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It would make a nice cafe racer type bike. I miss 2 stroke street bikes. I like the feel of a 2 stroke engine more than a 4 stroke when fun riding.
Husqvarna_Vitpilen_front_right_small_b632d9d884.jpg

You mean like this one? The Vitpilen study, probably going to be introduced ready for production within a few weeks.

Originally Posted By: Atesz792
Originally Posted By: CT8
Husqvarna_Vitpilen_front_right_small_b632d9d884.jpg

You mean like this one? The Vitpilen study, probably going to be introduced ready for production within a few weeks.
Yes. that sends shivers down my spine !!!

I REALLY want a single street bike again. So visceral when compared to anything else. Love thumpers.

Also love two-strokes, any variety, but I digress...!

John.

2smoke street bike...hello 1975 is calling you

not in the usa in what...3.5 DECADES!!!
i think the yamaha rz350 might have been the last one allowed.

Nearly had a mint, RD350lc, quarter fairing, red & white classic Yamaha colours... Guy didn't sell, decided to keep it. BUT, he did say that if he sells, he'll call me. I think it's either an '81 or '82.

Ring, da-ding, ding ding!

John.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
X-6 Hustler
I remember when those came out they were Triumph Bonneville killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back