what 5w-20 oils meet Chrysler MS-6395?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what conventional & synblend 5w-20 oils meet Chrysler MS-6395? or is it easier to ask which ones do not meet the spec? thanks...

Just off the top of my head.... VWB, VML, VSynP, QSGB, QSUD, PYB, PUP, Havoline Syn and Trop Artic Blend.

Again, that's just going from memory.

Last edited:
Granted I haven't really looked, but I am surprised to see Havoline synthetic and Trop Artic on the list. I assume Havoline dino as well as Chevron Supreme is too?

Trop Artic is a great oil if you can find it locally. I just have to go well out of my way to find some.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
what conventional & synblend 5w-20 oils meet Chrysler MS-6395? or is it easier to ask which ones do not meet the spec? thanks...

Many "store brand" motor oils don't show specific manufacturer approvals on the bottle / jug label, but checking their web sites sometimes reveal they do.

For MS 6395 in the broadly available retail brands, only Mobil 1 synthetics come to mind not being tested for meeting the spec. - but this falls outside your question on conventional or synthetic blends.

Mobil 5K conventional, Mobil Special conventional, and Mobil Super synthetic do meet MS-6395.

Others not yet mentioned meeting the MS-6395 spec I'm aware of are Formula Shell and National / Pinnacle (Menard's store brand). National has nothing on the bottle label on this, but their web site shows more detail.

http://www.pinnacleoil.com/pdf/salesinfo/Sell_Sheet_Premium.pdf

Everything but Mobil offerings for the most part.

They are in bed with pennzoil so if you are concerned just stick with pyb and follow the maintenance minder.
Mobil is more than good enough for Chrysler engines,it's politics that is stopping them from being certified

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Granted I haven't really looked, but I am surprised to see Havoline synthetic and Trop Artic on the list. I assume Havoline dino as well as Chevron Supreme is too?

Trop Artic is a great oil if you can find it locally. I just have to go well out of my way to find some.
frown.gif

The MS-6395 spec isn't terribly hard to meet from what i understand. Trop Artic is a great sleeper oil. It even has a much better NOACK than MC oil does. MC is 15.2% and TA is 12.9%

Trop Artic could probably meet Dexos specs if it Phillips 66 wanted to get it approved.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/TropArtic.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back