303 Aerospace Protectant & Eagle 1 Wax As You Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both items in the title are better than expected.

I washed my Honda S2000 last night after a good rain on Monday night Tuesday morning. The car had a last wash 4-5 months ago with Eagle 1 Wax As You Dry after washed. The vinyl top had the last 303 Protectant about a year ago.

The hood still had water beads after 4-5 months(the last real wax was about 6-7 years ago), and the vinyl top was a little gray but shinny back after applied 303 Protectant, it looks like new now.

For lazy person like myself, Eagle 1 Wax As You Dry is needed once every 3-4 months and 303 Protectant once every year.

Just started using the eagle one recently and I am rather amazed! Been applying it on top of a coat of griots AIO, but will still be curious to see how it holds up (using it after every wash, though they are sporadic).

As for the aerospace, people always report great results, but it seemed to rinse off very quickly on my tonneau cover (could see it streaking down the paint). I would make it a habit to apply the 303 after each wash...

Originally Posted By: buck91
Just started using the eagle one recently and I am rather amazed! Been applying it on top of a coat of griots AIO, but will still be curious to see how it holds up (using it after every wash, though they are sporadic).

As for the aerospace, people always report great results, but it seemed to rinse off very quickly on my tonneau cover (could see it streaking down the paint). I would make it a habit to apply the 303 after each wash...

Yeah same here. I re-tried 303 recently (dug out my bottle of it) and still think it's absolute junk. I get better results with vanilla Armor All or Formula F21.

I don't have good SRL camera so I can't take a good picture of my S2000 vinyl top. The car is almost 12 years old and the top is looking like new after applying 303 about once a year.

I sprayed sparingly and let it soak overnight before rub it in the next day. I think this way makes 303 stay on my top for a year after some washes(about once every 2-3 months).

Any real wax/buff is better than wax as you dry stub. But for a lazy person like me a full house waxing/buffing is too much, compares with spay it on wipe it dry 5 minutes work.

Since we may have more rainy days this winter in CA(we had some rain last Monday and we may have some more rain this Tuesday), this is probably my last wash for several months, I may not wash my car again until April/May next year.

HTSS TR, i hear you giving accolades to 303, but do you drive it much witht the top up or keep it in a garage.

If it sits beside an air conditioner in a garage most of the year, under a cover, then that isnt saying too much....but if parked in the desert sun all day, well ya know!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Since we may have more rainy days this winter in CA(we had some rain last Monday and we may have some more rain this Tuesday), this is probably my last wash for several months, I may not wash my car again until April/May next year.

I find that if I don't keep my car clean, and it gets dusty really quickly our here, if it starts drizzling or raining, the car doesn't get clean but really dirty looking. I wash my cars at least once a week, no matter what the weather.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
HTSS TR, I hear you giving accolades to 303, but do you drive it much with the top up or keep it in a garage.

If it sits beside an air conditioner in a garage most of the year, under a cover, then that isn't saying too much....but if parked in the desert sun all day, well ya know!

Most(90%) of my driving was/is with top down because we have mild weather in So Cal along the beach all year. Only few days a year we have some precipitation or too hot(above 85-90F) or too cold(below 50-55F), then the top is up.

Yes, the car is garage queen but no cover, I'm buying a cheap cover from Amazon and it will be delivered in 2-3 days. I don't need heavy-duty cover as I use it only in garage.

The car is exposed to the sun no more than 5% its life so far. I bought it in November 2003, let say we have average 10 hours of sunlight a day, the total sunlight hours in 12 years is 43,800. the car is exposed to the sun less than 5% or less than 2,100 hours, probably as little as 400 hours(1% of total sunlight in 12 years). It is possible that doesn't matter which brand I use on my vinyl top, if I park the car under hot sun year round the top is needed to be replace long time ago.

I think 303 is expensive at around $10-12 a small 12oz bottle, I bought 2 bottles and used 1.5 bottles the last 12 years. I still have some left for few more years. The cost of about $2 a year to keep the vinyl top in tip-top shape is money well spent, I think.

There are many other name brand vinyl protection products for much less than 303, but since I have good experience with it so I stay with it.

PS I'm not endorsing either of these 2 products. I didn't receive any benefit(money or anything) from either company to post my experience with these products.

Last edited:
Hi,
HTSS_TR - I've been a very long time user of 303. IME its a great product and certainly works well in this tropical location. It is very effective on windscreen wipers, and when used as directed

I think 303 is expensive at around $10-12 a small 12oz bottle, I bought 2 bottles and used 1.5 bottles the last 12 years. I still have some left for few more years. The cost of about $2 a year to keep the vinyl top in tip-top shape is money well spent, I think.

A $10 bottle lasts you 8 years. That comes to $1.25 per year or 10 cents a month. And you consider that expensive?
crackmeup2.gif

No, my cost per year of keeping the soft top in good condition is not expensive.

I mean $10 for 12 oz bottle vinyl cleaning and UV protection is expensive compares with other name brand with similar size. May be another brand at around $4-5/bottle would do the same protection, but 303 works for me so I keep using it.

My post was to respond to other poster, he thinks that may be because I park my S2000 in garage and under cover parking at work and driving with top down most of the time, that why my top is in good condition with/without 303.

I mean $10 for 12 oz bottle vinyl cleaning and UV protection is expensive compares with other name brand with similar size. May be another brand at around $4-5/bottle would do the same protection, but 303 works for me so I keep using it.

I have not found a better protectant for rubber or plastic than 303.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
spasm3,

They make a WAYD for marine. Maybe that is more in line with campers than automotive!?!

I will look for that, i'd try it, i wonder if its the same product though.
Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back