Chevy, Dogde, or Ford??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a GMC/Chevy guy. I bought a new 2001GMC Ex Cab Z71 back in 2000. I still have the truck with 210,000 miles on it. I been thinking of getting a new truck or a new to me truck. Never been a Dodge fan at all. My uncle just got a new 2015 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4 quad cab. Man it is a nice truck. What would you get and why? Dodge, Ford, GMC/Chevy?? It will be just a half ton truck that I get and either be ex cab or quad. Thanks for any opinions on this.

It is no big secret I am a GM guy, but I really like the new Dodge trucks and while I don't care for Ford their offerings are pretty nice too. Can't really go wrong with any of them.
If it were me I would go with the GM offering because I am familiar with their line of drive trains and they are proven in the trucks.

Ford or GM. Dodge/Ram is junk. Always has been and probably always will be.

I don't buy the notion that they are all good. Like in life, some are good and some are not so good.

Thats all I've ever herd is that Dodge is junk. But this is his second one and he hasnt had any problems. I hear the front ends in the new GM/Chevys are junk to. I personally do not know.

Do some research to unfold potential problems. They are all good trucks and should provide you with plenty of trouble free miles. Test drive them all to see which ones you like more than others. Why not consider the Tundra as well?

I think they're all great trucks, I don't think there had been a better time to be in the market for a truck. Personally I like the GM twins the best, but if I got a sweet deal on a Ford or Dodge I might have to bite.

Of course it also comes down to individual taste too. The seat in one might not be comfortable for you, etc.

I grew up with a GM only father, so naturally I tended to lean that way. Not everything I owned GM was great but most were ok. My 2005 Silverado LS was a solid truck, a little light on the brakes but otherwise good. But I have also been driving Ford trucks for work since 2006 so I got the chance to drive both quite a bit. To be honest, they are both good and solid trucks. When I went to get a new (to me) truck I looked at both and settled on the Ford because I got a good deal, it looks better, and was more comfortable to drive. Honestly I think the full size GM trucks are kind of ***** right now. If they looked more like the new Colorado in a full size I'd think differently.

I actually think the Ram is the best looking truck, but I just don't have any confidence in Chrysler products. That's not based on any recent real world experiences, just what I have read and perception.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Do some research to unfold potential problems. They are all good trucks and should provide you with plenty of trouble free miles. Test drive them all to see which ones you like more than others. Why not consider the Tundra as well?
Originally Posted By: dave123
Toyota anyone or just me.
Yup for half ton I'd be getting a Tundra.

But then again I'm a Toyota fan-boy.

Do yourself a favor by test driving all of them. Long tests. Drive the model you are interested in. Dont drive a loaded model if you only have cash for a stripped model, etc.

The trucks are all real close. I don't care what any internet haters say, they are obviously close minded bitter people.

Pick the one that feels right and fits you. Then work on price. You can always find the deal you are looking for if you are somewhat realistic. Sometimes you have to go to a few different dealers of the same brand.

What would I buy? I have no clue. But truck shopping sure is fun!!

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Chevy, Dogde, or Ford??

I vote Toyota too, but I mainly like their mid-sized 4x4s.

The Dodge diesel 1500 interests me. Saw one today actually.

What cab design and box length are you looking at?
I wish Chev/GMC made a double cab short box based on the 133" WB platform.
That with a 6.2L, suspension, 22" wheels in a Midnight Edition would be an awesome street truck. Or with 18s and Z71 a decent off-road machine.
The shorter the truck, the better off-road it is.
Another missing link in the GM line up, is a single cab design that you can put stuff behind the seat out of sight. Like guns.

Maybe Ford and Dodge ASK truck owners what they would like, instead of the GM approach of take it or leave it.

GM, if you are listening (and I know they are not) I would like a 3500 CC built on the 158.1" platform with a 84" box.

Never mind. All the decision makers are climbing the corporate ladder by improving their golf swing today.

Edit; And if you are going to call a truck off-road, put grease nipples on the steering compoents you nincompoops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
Is not "Chevy" is CHEVROLET, after the Frenchman... Get it right.

GM guy here, though I found out Fords are kinda nice if they aren't 91-97 Thunderturds.

Who cares. Everyone calls them Chevys, an abbreviated form of Chevrolet.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
Is not "Chevy" is CHEVROLET, after the Frenchman... Get it right.

GM guy here, though I found out Fords are kinda nice if they aren't 91-97 Thunderturds.

Who cares. Everyone calls them Chevys, an abbreviated form of Chevrolet.

Brand loyalists care.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back