2016 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6 Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it meets the appropriate specifications, I dont see how it can be bad.

Might there be some other oils better? Sure. But that can often be splitting hairs.

Some might consider going 0w-20 instead for pumpability and cold weather performance. Your call.

Your owners manual should say to use oil that meets Chrysler MS-6395. If you read the "product bulletin", MS-6395 is listed. So, yes it is a suitable oil for your engine.

Our Jeep has the same engine. The OLM has been running around 9000 miles. I'm not really comfortable running anything but a full synthetic that long, so I've been using Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20.

CAM2 has not updated their own website with dexos1 approval info for their Synthetic Blend 5w-20, but GM lists it as approved. Odd, CAM2 full syn 5w-30 and 0w-20 are NOT listed as dexos1:
1E4DGIe.jpg

That dexos1 approval (on what's listed anyway) means it passes a lot of extra tests, important if you want performance, so yes get the 5w-20 CAM2 and use with confidence. CAM2 is an old independent blender, and they probably buy an additive package from Oronite, Infineum, Lubrizol, or Afton, and mix with base oil from Lord knows where.

CAM2 is an old racing oil (below is a 1975 Porsche 917/30):

penske-porsche-917-30.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back