K&N VF3006 Cabin Air Filter ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be reason to buy K&N Cabin air filters?

K&N is for High Performace...

Or at least they claim to be...

What in the world would this help.
All the stuff it states it will do is the same things listed on even the cheapest Cabin Air Filter...

I think this is funny..

Does anyone have one???

here is page.

69ooia.jpg

Probably reduces the blower motor's electrical demand thereby reducing electrical load, thereby freeing up load on the alternator, thereby freeing up HORSEPOWER and MPG!!!!

Did they give a HP gain estimation graph? Better yet, do they come with a K&N decal to put on the cabin filter box? Or one of the K&N stop sign decals alerting you to the presence of a high end filter?

It is reusable. They saw a new market area for them and started a new product line according to an interview I heard a while back. Cleanable and reusable was the main advantage they talked about.

OP said, "I think this is funny..". So do I.

THE feature of a cabin air filter should be efficiency.

A washable, reusable filter doesn't mean much if it lets half the dirt through.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Better yet, do they come with a K&N decal to put on the cabin filter box? Or one of the K&N stop sign decals alerting you to the presence of a high end filter?

I saw a K&N cabin filter that fits my Chevy Volt today. Opened the box to look at it, and it indeed comes with the two decals you describe.

$40 for the filter, $13 for the cleaning supplies. I can get decent filters for $13 online, so the K&N filter isn't a very good deal.

I bought one of these K&N cabin filters for my daily driver, only because I had a $10 off coupon. You are correct, probably not a good deal because regular cabin filters can be had for super cheap, but...I wanted to try it. I've only had it for about 4K miles so it's not dirty yet. I'll probably clean it twice a year.

Please report back on how well it works. I'm considering a K&N filter for my truck. The ROI is about 2.5 years, but I'm more concerned about improving filtering. I normally change mine one a year, but I'm up to twice a year now as the ford filter I use seems to be letting dust by...judging by how quickly a layer of dust appears on the dash after a detail.

if they filter like their engine air filters I'd pass. The last thing I want is stuff to pass through and clog up my evaporator like it did on my truck without a cabin air filter. I doubt it does much for in car air quality. And I say that about all of them, even the OEM ones. They just save your evap cause thats where all the [censored] ends up.

I took a look at one of these in Walmart.

The concept seemed neat, but on closer inspection I saw lots of light going through the media, looked very thin and full of tiny holes more so than your average filter.

I did like how it had that engine air filter-like thick foam rubber around the edges giving it lots of support, seemed like it would seal better than your average flimsy CAF without a plastic border.

As E150GT alluded: If a CAF keeps the evaporator clean-I'm sold!

Actually, that the auto makers left evaporators "exposed", vulnerable and practically uncleanable-uninspectable. They either don't care or planned it that way. Kira

To me a K&N is the way to go.

1. Cleanable, so if you change out the filter once a year at $13 a standard filter in 5yrs it paid for it's self.
2. Not that much extra dirt will get by, it isn't sucking volumes of air like an engine does.
3. Keeping the large leaves out and stuff is my main concern for the most part.
4. If cabin filters were so important, every make and model would have one, more of a nice convenience thing than anything.
5. The only downfall is the price. If it was a little less expensive, they would sell more. What hurts is the extra cost of the cleaning kit.
6. It is amazing at all the vehicles that run a K&N air filter that have blown up. I mean just Google it and the amount of trashed engines is amazing from just using a K&N air filter. So many issues, why is K&N still in business?

If it takes 4 or 5 years to pay for itself why would I do the extra work? Does it require oiling like their engine air filters, too?

I took my NAPA Pro Select back and got a refund. I was having fitment issues with it. Contrary to that, the K&N I got in its place is superb. Fits just perfect and super easy to install. I got it on promo at Pep Boys. It ended up costing me just $10 more than a disposable filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back