What's the longest lasting sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gofast182
Collinite is more of a hybrid product, not a true sealant IIRC. I've been using Menzerna Power Lock with excellent results.

+1 for the Power Lock

Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
Originally Posted By: lawnman
Griots one step??

YES!!
Really? It is pretty good but I don't think I noticed its longevity any better than others.

Longest I've used is Menzerna power lock sealant...German company...great stuff...easy to apply and almost easier to remove. Seemed to last forever on my camaro. I put it on my fiesta two weeks ago.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
Originally Posted By: lawnman
Griots one step??

YES!!
Really? It is pretty good but I don't think I noticed its longevity any better than others.

Well, what do you recommend?

Unless I missed it they didn't include Power Lock in that test. It's a shame because all of my research tells me it's one of the better sealants on the market and the link on the previous page is remarkable.

Thanks for the link to the sealant test. Pretty cool!
I started using Zaino about 8 years ago. I used to do the full sha-bang with ZFX, Z5, Z2, Z6, layering, etc. Time intensive.

Now that I have a wife, 2 kids, dog, old house, etc. I switched to ZAIO. I use it once or twice a year on all our vehicles. It lasts even through upper Midwestern winters and automatic car washes.

I do 2 coats of Blackfire sealant topped with 1 coat Collinite 845 twice a year...

As far as I know the Blackfire sealant is very similar to Menzerna PowerLock. I started using Blackfire when Menzerna stopped making their FMJ sealant several years ago (PowerLock is Menzerna's more recent replacement to their old FMJ)

Originally Posted By: BlueFordRedSchwi
Thanks for the link to the sealant test. Pretty cool!
I started using Zaino about 8 years ago. I used to do the full sha-bang with ZFX, Z5, Z2, Z6, layering, etc. Time intensive.

Now that I have a wife, 2 kids, dog, old house, etc. I switched to ZAIO. I use it once or twice a year on all our vehicles. It lasts even through upper Midwestern winters and automatic car washes.

+1. I've found zaino to work well and to be easy as a system since one can use a qd spray or z-ca to add some additional protection, at least as a top-up, very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back