2015/2016 ford escape 2.0. Is it reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
My parents have a 2013 that just clicked over 40K miles. No problems with My Ford Touch (granted - those are more a problem with owners who aren't smart enough to operate a touch screen radio) or the turbo engine.

Only issue they had is my mom shut something in the hatch and broke one of the clips on the interior panel. Dealer fixed that one for free.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Get the Mazda CX5. Mazda makes a great car. But then Ford and Mazda are related and share tech, so it kind of evens out.

Not any more.

Not completely as old days... but MANY of the Mazda components are still shared/sourced from a Ford parts bin/manufacturer...

BurrWinder

Originally Posted By: Miller88

The 2.0 with AWD is also pretty quick. When my parents got theirs , my father and I were playing around with the G force sensors on it and looking at all the computer stuff. He had me punch it going 55 and we hit triple digits way quicker than we thought. I was expecting to only be going 70 or so and , nope, hit the century mark!

I must be the only one that didn't think it was all that quick. Test drove an AWD with the 2.0 and nailing it from a stop sign it just seemed "adequate". Not the rush that a mid 6 second 0-60 time would suggest.

Doesn't matter to me anyway - the wife liked it and that's all that matters. We pick it up Monday.

get the 2.5 base model. its been around for years and has very few issues.

My wife drives our '14 Escape 2.0, just changed oil this morning at a few miles less than 30,000. It has been flawless to date and she enjoys driving it.

Originally Posted By: Danno

Fords turbos, umm..no.

I guess the millions on the road without issues since 2009 are rare birds then? Issues with the 3.5 are few and far between. Not too much out there about the others and failures either and considering there are Ecoboosts in 3 of Ford's top sellers (F150, Fusion, Escape), we'd be hearing about it by now.

I've not babied mine and both of them are running strong.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Fords turbos, umm..no.

I guess the millions on the road without issues since 2009 are rare birds then? Issues with the 3.5 are few and far between. Not too much out there about the others and failures either and considering there are Ecoboosts in 3 of Ford's top sellers (F150, Fusion, Escape), we'd be hearing about it by now.

Don't bother. We all know that changing transmissions in a Honda is just maintenance, but if a knob brakes off on a Ford or GM it's a lemon and should be traded in for a Honda or Toyota.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: itguy08

Fords turbos, umm..no.

Don't bother. We all know that changing transmissions in a Honda is just maintenance, but if a knob brakes off on a Ford or GM it's a lemon and should be traded in for a Honda or Toyota.

Or someone lacks the mental capacity to operate a touch screen radio...

My neighbor had to trade in his Equinox (same as GMC Terrain) because the timing chain tensioner on the 2.4 made a lot of noise. ...he had no confidence in the truck even though the dealer told him it was normal.

I'd get an Escape before a GMC.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
get the 2.5 base model. its been around for years and has very few issues.

I just picked up a 2016 base Escape (with the 2.5 Duratech ...which is a Mazda MZR)....After having bad luck with a Chevy Cruze turbo I wanted to avoid one.

PS: To those who say the GMC Terrain (Equinox) is better than an Escape....I tested both and the Esacape handles MUCH better.....like a station wagon vs. sports car IMO.

Suggest you stick with a Subaru Forester / Outback or a Mazda, Honda, Toyota.

The Escape or GM CUV's will leave you wanting in the long-run.

I enjoyed my Terrain, no complaints. I'm liking my Grand Cherokee a lot too.

No engine issues with the Focus at 25k. Uses no oil and always seems to come very close to the epa rating of 23/32 MPG. Even with a good amount of spirited driving I never saw it dip below 21MPG. We have noticed a significant difference with winter vs summer fuel though.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Suggest you stick with a Subaru Forester / Outback or a Mazda, Honda, Toyota.

The Escape or GM CUV's will leave you wanting in the long-run.

I thought about a Subaru but the 'oil usage' complaints scared me off.
The RAV4 and CRV had more complaints than I expected on 'Carcomplaints'.
The Mazda was my first choice but they basically wanted full list price so I went with my second choice....so far I like it..

My boss purchased a 2WD 2L EB Escape and he has had zero issues. I believe he is near 75K miles.

I drove it and I liked it.

However, the AWD 2L EB Escape that I rented for 2 weeks was, for me, wonderful. No torque steer, great traction, competent cornering and a blast to drive. I absolutely loved it.

Wife has near 5k o her '16 2.0 Escape and loves it. It definitely is a nice little CUV and will scoot when you want it to.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The Mazda was my first choice but they basically wanted full list price so I went with my second choice....so far I like it..

You should have worked harder.
I just helped my coworker get a 2016 CX-5 Touring AWD with an MSRP of $27,645 for $24,500.
I even posted how I did it in the thread about True Car earlier this month.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: pbm

You should have worked harder.
I just helped my coworker get a 2016 CX-5 Touring AWD with an MSRP of $27,645 for $24,500.

You're in Colorado, and PBM is in New York state. Those are likely two very different car buying markets. What is a "deal" is relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back