Walmart stops selling AR15's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

No, you won't be the one to come for my guns but the politicians who vote in anti gun laws will send government agencies after them.

Honestly that's so far down on the radar screen I give it zero thought

A. The Government doesn't have enough body bags to take care of those that do the collecting.

B. Although many Government employees are generally not the sharpest tools in the shed. Its unlikely that they can hire enough low intelligence employees to make it happen.

C. People flat out won't allow it.

But most importantly:

D: I personally won't allow it to happen at my house. That right can not be taken away (from me). I will pay the ultimate price like the patriots did over 200 years ago.

I know talk is cheap but its how I resolve the issue in my own mind. And being 69 y.o. makes it easier. I have discussed it with my wife.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Killing game is not the reason your right to keep and bear arms is protected in the Constitution.

EXACTLY.

+1 Googolplexian.

I see a common thought process among the guys upset with me:
You're afraid of a lot
Afraid the govt will take your guns
Afraid your home will be invaded by a tribe of who knows what
Afraid your rights will be taken away
I'm glad I don't live this way.
And I do own a gun,I am just not a fanatic about it.
I'm going back to the oil pages now.
We just have to disagree on this.
No big deal.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

You're afraid of a lot

Yup the gungrabbers always roll out the afraid word...lol

Last edited:
You're afraid of a lot
No big deal.
How many people have been illegally killed by rouge pro Constitution American citizens with their private guns in the last hundred years? Now compare that to people killed by various governments which is tens of millions. Cops kill over a thousand a year in the US. But you're scared of the people you have powerball chances of being harmed by. Talk about being scared.

You're afraid of a lot
No big deal.

I see a lot of projection here.

You assume that gun owners are fearful...but in most cases, they're not...

On the contrary, you're afraid of mass shootings, of certain weapon types, of your own safety...the fear here is on the part of the gun control types, who fear their fellow man, who assume the worst of him, who assume that the law-abiding gun owner represents a threat, when, in fact, the legal gun owner is several times LESS likely to commit a crime than the general public...

And you use that fear to try and justify the abrogation of rights...

You're afraid of a lot
No big deal.

No, no fear. We enjoy shooting, just like some enjoy boating or fishing or hiking. Does that mean they are afraid of a flood, or running out of food, or that there will be no fuel for cars? of course not. We enjoy target shooting, some enjoy hunting. And if any dangerous scenario presents itself, we are prepared.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
And if any dangerous scenario presents itself, we are prepared.

That's the thing. What's a dangerous scenario? It could mean anything to a backwards/backwoods person. They may feel threatened by just seeing another person.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: whip
On the Facebook gun pages I follow, gun owners are outraged at Walmart's decision. They were OK with the company mistreating the employees. They were OK with the filthy conditions. They were OK with the welfare abuse. Now, many are claiming they will boycott. Funny how that works.

I dont get how Walmart is deemed evil compared to other retailers especially when their pay is similar and often times more than other grocery stores.

They are a convenient scapegoat.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

That's the thing. What's a dangerous scenario? It could mean anything to a backwards/backwoods person. They may feel threatened by just seeing another person.

Stop projecting your terror of an inanimate object on others. It is unseemly.

Just read through this thread. Seems to reflect public sentiment quite accurately. My thoughts are the argument is moot. Americans have the Right to bear arms. Commonly used weapons fall under this Right including the AR-15.

Citizens have adopted military calibers and guns for personal use and hunting since the civil war. This is no different. Just because someone thinks it is "scary" or misuses it does not make it OK to infringe upon my Rights to own one.

Originally Posted By: PostalBound
Just read through this thread. Seems to reflect public sentiment quite accurately. My thoughts are the argument is moot. Americans have the Right to bear arms. Commonly used weapons fall under this Right including the AR-15.

Citizens have adopted military calibers and guns for personal use and hunting since the civil war. This is no different. Just because someone thinks it is "scary" or misuses it does not make it OK to infringe upon my Rights to own one.

PostalBound, don't 'go postal' on us now. All this time I thought large furry animals were the ones with rights, thanks for correcting my understanding of that.
sticker,375x360.png

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

A removable magazine can be called a clip. Just to be fair here.

It can be, but it isn't by people who understand the difference. The best way to get it right is to remember a magazine may be loaded from a clip, but not vice versa.

A magazine can be read too ...
laugh.gif

If someone uses the term "clip" when talking about guns, everyone pretty much knows what they mean even if they are technically using the wrong terminology.

I have dozens of clips...for my M1 Garand.

When you show a person a clip, and then a magazine (like I have for nearly every other gun in the safe) then they instantly get the difference. Even my youngest daughter understands the difference.

People who misuse the term really don't know much about guns. They may own guns, may even use guns...but they don't know much about them...

They're akin to 95% of the drivers on the road...they own cars, even use a car, but they just don't know much about them...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

I'm wondering if you've ever been outside of Massachusetts? I have and there are some scary people out there. It must be a natural law. The scariest ones have the most guns.

I'm wondering if you've ever been outside of Massachusetts? I have and there are some scary people out there. It must be a natural law. The scariest ones have the most guns.

I would suggest you then stay in the People's Republic of Mass. We'll both be happier.

Maybe you frighten easily. didn't you recently say you were terrified during your Euro trip? I think you were afraid of the Swiss or something.

I have been in 30 states and have never lived in Massachusetts in my life.

Are you baked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back