Ac delco pf63 and fram xg10575 different sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I was in Wal-Mart today picking up some oil and a filter for my gmc sierra. The delco filter for the truck is a pf63 and fram list the xg10575 as the right filter. I wanted to use the fram because I believe it's superior to the delco but I put the two side by side and the fram is about an inch shorter. Why would this be and would you guys use it?

Im not sure on that. Are you finding non-Ecore Ac/delcos? If you are i would stick with the PF63. It's hard to beat at that price point.

I service a chevy traverse that takes the same filter. I havent been able to find any pf63's only pf63E's. The last two times iv'e used microguard filters on it.

No complaints thus far.

Another affordable quality filter that will fit this application is the Motorcraft FL500S.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a e core pf63 yet. All the Wal-Mart's around me still carry the non e core pf63s. But I'm waiting on the day that they won't have any and I want to have a backup just in case, that's why I'm questioning the fram ultra. My Wal-Mart carrys delco, all frams, white can purolators,d+, k&n,mopar and motorcraft. Out of those I would rather use the delco or the ultra.

Comparing the physical size of a cellulose media filter against a synthetic media filter is apples to oranges.

Synthetic media filters have way more pore space per square inch due to much finer filament size than cellulose so even a smaller synthetic filter will still provide greater filtration, flow, and capacity.

ShowImage.aspx
ShowImage.aspx

I wouldn't worry in the slightest that the Fram Ultra (or any other synthetic media filter) is shorter by an inch.

Sometimes the outer can size is deceiving. Besides how tall and wide the element is, there is also how deep the pleats are. How tall the retainer spring is and the design of the ADBV also affects the element. The Fram has a very nice fabric, backed by stainless steel mesh, not being brand conscious here, I would choose the Fram.

Originally Posted By: moparguy19
Hey guys I was in Wal-Mart today picking up some oil and a filter for my gmc sierra. The delco filter for the truck is a pf63 and fram list the xg10575 as the right filter. I wanted to use the fram because I believe it's superior to the delco but I put the two side by side and the fram is about an inch shorter. Why would this be and would you guys use it?

Yes the XG10575 is a little shorter then then the PF63 but that didn't stop me from using it. I have been using the XG10575 on my 14 Sierra for the last couple OCI's. I have cut open both filters and they are both well made. I'm sticking with the Fram as it doesn't cost much more then the ACDelco and has the added benefits of synthetic media.

Fram XG10575: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3534172/Cut_open:_Used_Fram_Ultra_XG10

ACDelco PF63: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3433874/Cut_open:_ACDelco_PF63_with_6,

Height difference between two: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3524915/Pic_of_AC_Delco_PF63/Amsoil_EA

^^^ OMG ... don't recommend the Ultra. Certain people will claim you are a paid spokesman trying to push their products! LoL
wink.gif

The joke about getting free Fram Ultras for posting bad things about Purolator is already gaining traction as real with certain individuals. Some people would rather believe rumors than facts. Maybe it's just fun to defend rumors and take a side.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ OMG ... don't recommend the Ultra. Certain people will claim you are a paid spokesman trying to push their products! LoL
wink.gif

I say, if someone out there can find me a better oil filter than Ultra (capacity, efficiency), then I will ditch Ultra like a sock with a hole in it.
So far, nobody has ever been able to come up with one. Still waiting for the better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back