Mobil Super High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil Super High Mileage is a premium conventional oil. So no, it is not a synthetic blend. I found this info on Mobil's website, so go look for yourself.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Is Mobil Super High Mileage a syn blend and has anyone used this oil?

thanks!

Yes it is a syn blend. Says so right on the back of the jug.

I have used it too 5W-30, but my GM 3.1 runs quieter on Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FloatingBrick
They do not have a picture of the jug (front or back), but the web site does say conventional. Curious why the label and site would differ.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-super/mobil-super-high-mileage

"Mobil Super High Mileage premium conventional oils offer outstanding wear protection under a wide variety of operating conditions, and they have been proven to fight sludge and help reduce wear."
From the Mobil Super website:

"Mobil Super High Mileage uses a combination of synthetic and conventional high quality base oils combined with modern performance additives to help provide long engine life and outstanding protection for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles."

Originally Posted By: Branson304
Mobil Super High Mileage is a premium conventional oil. So no, it is not a synthetic blend. I found this info on Mobil's website, so go look for yourself.

Then why's it cost two dollars more ?

I don't know if it's a blend or not, but I ran it in my old Camry. Seemed to help the oil burning on cold startup and whatnot, but car had over 300k when sold. Didn't expect any miracles, but consumption was lower than with the regular stuff.

Mobil talks out of both sides of their mouth on this one.

2010_FX4 shows part of their website where it states it's a blend, but the same website also states...

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-super/mobil-super-high-mileage
Mobil Super High Mileage premium conventional oils offer outstanding wear protection under a wide variety of operating conditions, and they have been proven to fight sludge and help reduce wear.

So everyone is really just guessing and Mobil could care less to clarify since the question's been asked and their tech line has also given both as answers.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Yup....aaaaannnnd nope.
Guess it all depends if you want to believe the PDS or the marketing material on the bottle
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: wemay
Yup....aaaaannnnd nope.
Guess it all depends if you want to believe the PDS or the marketing material on the bottle
grin.gif

Still good stuff regardless.
smile.gif

I typically go with PDS but this thing irks me. Mobil is so good with their information otherwise. Leaps and bounds better than the other majors, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back