US Natural Gas to be exported to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://naturalgasnow.org/importing-shale-gas-to-lancashire-or-coals-to-newcastle/

Oz Federal Government are about to pass legislation that the only people who can present counter points to a proposal are those with a dog in the fight, rather than the people who drive 200 miles in a BMW to present and argument, and don't even stay to listen to the evidence presented by others that cause these weird outcomes.

Can't frack in Lancashire, but can build a port and processing facility, LNG tankers, refrigeration facilities, regassification facilities and transport it half way around the globe from Louisiana...all for the environment ???

I think its political. Get Europe off Russian gas.
Put more pressure on Putin.

We could use more gas in New England, prices spike in the colder months, but pipeline capacity is limited and the NIMBYS are opposed to expanding them. So, we'll keep burning coal or freeze in the dark. A gas fired power plant south of here has to have gas delivered by TANKER TRUCK from a LNG port facility because plans for a bigger pipeline, which would also reduce heating costs are opposed by whining, bleating leftys who don't live near the pipeline route OR the city streets the tankers use every day. The bleaters solution to the spike in gas costs every year.."A subsidy for the poor". Bleep the middle class.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
We can't even think about natural gas here in NY without setting off the enviro-whackos.

Not every environmentalist is a "whacko" and not every driller is "raping the earth". Most people on both sides reside somewhere in the middle.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I think its political. Get Europe off Russian gas.
Put more pressure on Putin.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: wemay
We can't even think about natural gas here in NY without setting off the enviro-whackos.

Not every environmentalist is a "whacko" and not every driller is "raping the earth". Most people on both sides reside somewhere in the middle.

The problem is that if in polite conversation you confront an environmentalist with evidence you'd better be wearing a raincoat, boots, gloves, safety glasses, a face mask and have an umbrella.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

The problem is that if in polite conversation you confront an environmentalist with evidence you'd better be wearing a raincoat, boots, gloves, safety glasses, a face mask and have an umbrella.
+1 Especially if you mention the "yellow river".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ght-yellow.html

colorado-river-yel_3404137b.jpg

My biggest beef as a US resident is that this will make gas cheaper in UK yet more expensive in US. I want my cheap gas and UK's price spike is not my business.

Can't they just get their cheap gas from Qatar?

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
My biggest beef as a US resident is that this will make gas cheaper in UK yet more expensive in US. I want my cheap gas and UK's price spike is not my business.

Australia is the only place in the world that has opened up their natural gas exports 100%, and not reserved either gas, nor capacity for the domestic market...the wholesale price of gas is predicted to double (already has shown signs in peak), and shortages next two winters.

The economists state that this is a good thing, as people will make economically rational decisions on heating.

(while the greens crush coal).

We are seriously considering wood, neighbours have got coal (not sure where they get that from).

Retail gas prices are currently the same per MJ as regular unleaded petrol...heating with oil is now "economically rational"

There is lots of natural gas . There was a news blurb about Egypt finding great reserves.

There's plenty of gas inside the US and fracking is finding more every day. Our problem in the Northeast is pipeline capacity and a certain billionaire's cho choo train doesn't run this way so there isn't much of an alternative. Although LNG tankers have been running into Boston and Providence for years, the sky is falling types oppose a new LNG off load facility, even though it might be safer than what's currently in use. . It's a cleaner way to generate electricity, regardless of the horrors of carbon.

In the Northeast the elderly delivery system is the limitation so what can't be delivered to customers might just as well be loaded on a tanker and sent elsewhere. Of course I'd like to see the infrastructure improved, but it is opposed by "certain groups".

My Uncle used to have some choice opinions about "enviro-whackos." He once told me, and no I do not know his source, that the areas that were contested and sometimes holding up pipelines, or production on energy fields, what have you.. were, and I quote: "Areas on a map so small that if you were to take a pencil and place it on the map, that would be larger than the area contested by some of these environmental groups."

Of course, he used to own a welding shop and retired pretty well off nice Exxon-Mobil investment, but, I mean, is he wrong for that? I don't think he is.

Increased production of gas should, as we see now in the world, lead to reduced oil prices, and ultimately at the pump. Seems every refinery is running at max capacity for extended periods. Since we have "aging infrastructure," as HerrStig and "certain groups" call it, any disruption sees a spike in price.. Then, the flood of market supply keeps the price low, and everything I hear projects it to be that way, for some time. Sure, maybe there is a maximum to what can be delivered at one time. But what if it continually runs.. That makes more sense.

if we have that much that some can go to the UK, then, cool. Just kind of further goes to put Global Warming arguments to shame, since, if it was a global issue, then people should be screaming about how it's a bad move.

Would you use a pool with a well used peeing section? The world is interconnected, and everyone eventually shares others filth.

Rod

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Behind the middle kayak is that the mask of a rock man in pain?
Kayacks are made of plastic, made from oil.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

In the Northeast the elderly delivery system is the limitation so what can't be delivered to customers might just as well be loaded on a tanker and sent elsewhere. Of course I'd like to see the infrastructure improved, but it is opposed by "certain groups".
Interesting we can support all the third world dictators buy $500.00 toilet seats have a trillions of dollar wars without profit yet don't have the money to upkeep the nation?. Are the voters that stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back