Is an "All In One" or "Polish" stronger (by hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on giving my newly acquired 2012 Honda Accord w/ the single stage Taffeta White paint a good detail in the near future. I have some Zaino all in one and I also bought some Meguiars Ultimate Polish. I did a section with the AIO and while it did look better in the light of day, when viewed under a light at night the paint is still very hazy looking. I plan on claying it then using either the AIO or polish then finishing with a spray sealant. I just need to know which would be better at removing this haze...the All IN One or the Polish, this will be done by hand...TIA!!!

Anybody? I am new to the "polishing" game. Ive always just washed and waxed cars. But I want to bring back some life to this paint and do what I can do help it looking great for years to come.

A good combo for an everyday driver that's needs a little help in my opinion would be, clay bar followed by Meguiars 205 and a wax or sealant of your choice. The Meguiars 205 works well by hand and equally well with a machine. Hope this helps.

AIO products contain a very minimal amount of abrasive.

You really need to machine polish that car in order to get the results you are looking for. Doing this by hand isn't going to get you very far.

Since you want to do this with hand and using off the shelf products:-
- You already have Meguairs Ultimate Polish
- Get foam applicator pads
- Work on small six inches by six inches section
- Go at it with UP and pad
- If haziness is not coming off,
- Get Meguairs Ultimate Compound
- Try it on the same 6x6 inch section
- If that does not result in your satisfaction, I think you are in trouble

If those are timestamps correct then your 2nd post where you were crying for attention about not getting advice was only 22 mins later? That makes me want to give non-wax advice instead. Luckily Viaks got you covered, but with that impatience I suggest buying the Meg's Power DA drill attachment with your Ultimate Polish so you can get it done at your speed expectations.

Why are you carrying two threads about the same thing??? The previous one had all the answers you needed to do the job. This is silly....

Always start with the lightest abrasive you can, and there ARE a few decent AIO's out there that I have used, going by memory I recommend, for hand application:
Meguiars White Wax
Meguiars Ultimate Polish/Compound depending on need (follow by wax and or sealant of choice)
Griot's Garage One-step Sealant
Griot's Garage Complete Compound
Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
Meguiars Machine Glaze #7
Meguiars M105/M205

The following is based on the amount of time you are willing to spend and not knowing the condition of your paint.

Meguiars Ultimate Polish does nothing for less than perfect paint and can sometimes be a pain to remove. You need to use a better quality cleaner polish first followed by a wax or sealant. If you have the time claying helps (time consuming) but you can also use a good quality cleaner wax if longevity is not an issue. Sealants are great in the end for longevity but offer no cleaning ability.

Last edited:
I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound followed by Ultimate Polish, then NXT wax on a black car to remove lots of scratches and smooth out the paint some. Used the Ultimate Compound on some deep scratches and it did remove them with some work. All done by hand, and was pleased with the results.

to really polish a car you need to step up to a DA polisher...makes a huge difference! They're not that expensive and give much better results than hand polishing.

Originally Posted By: iahawk
to really polish a car you need to step up to a DA polisher...makes a huge difference! They're not that expensive and give much better results than hand polishing.

+1. I'll even loan him my DA polisher and some pads/products to get started

Harbor Freight DA, cheap ($50) and effective. You will need some pads and a new backing plate, so add $25 to that.

White single stage paints are some of the HARDEST paint to correct. The Titanium dioxide used to make it white is very tough.

Since you are doing this by hand you can go all the way to Ultimate Compound (or m105 which is a little more aggressive still).

An AIO can be a wax or a sealant. Sealants typically last longer, but don't have the look of a wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back