Works Engineering Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut it
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I didn't get past the first sentence where they claim a 2-5% horsepower increase.

From an oil filter...

Right.

Maybe if combined with a bunch of Kanji lettering, Momo stickers and Type R badges...
But the Fram Boys claim you can't put anything on the boxes that is not true!! Nobody has this filter maker in court. If this was on a Fram box we would have at least 100 posts on how much better my car accelerates!!

^^^ If someone wanted to spend the money and take them to court they could. Maybe win and the company would basically just vaporize into thin air. Companies can lie all they want if they want to take the associated risk of lawsuit over it. If proven wrong in court, they would have to pay the consequences. Some rinky-dink company might choose to play that game, but I doubt a large well established company would.

Originally Posted By: steveh
If this was on a Fram box we would have at least 100 posts on how much better my car accelerates!!
Only if they are idiots...

I didn't get past the first sentence where they claim a 2-5% horsepower increase.

From an oil filter...

Right.

Maybe if combined with a bunch of Kanji lettering, Momo stickers and Type R badges...
But the Fram Boys claim you can't put anything on the boxes that is not true!! Nobody has this filter maker in court. If this was on a Fram box we would have at least 100 posts on how much better my car accelerates!!

I guess you missed that the OP is in Malaysia? Things work different outside of the USA my friend.

From an oil filter...

Right.

Says the troll.

Maybe the same dudes that invented the "tornado" for the intake duct.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
If this was on a Fram box we would have at least 100 posts on how much better my car accelerates!!

There are plenty of them on this site.

Originally Posted By: Skittles
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4

There are plenty of them on this site.

Hey, I resemble that remark... When the short-bus shows up, I do usually get on it.

My contribution to my fellow OCD bitogers..

looks like there is no paper element at all, only a very fine mesh sieve, with those rectangular opneings, coupled to the fin baffles that is supposed to create a whirlwind or something..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alcyon
My contribution to my fellow OCD bitogers..

looks like there is no paper element at all, only a very fine mesh sieve, with those rectangular opneings, coupled to the fin baffles that is supposed to create a whirlwind or something.

In that case, if the oil pressure sensor was located after the oil filter (which they usually are), having no media could increase the oil pressure seen on the gauge - but only when the oil pump is at pressure relief. As far as increasing HP ... not as much as they say, more like about 0.01 HP gain.

Dang, I'm not sure if that coil spring is large enough - LoL.
eek.gif

Wow is all I have got.
crazy.gif

I wonder how big the design of the screen openings are? Seems it would be nearly impossible to control the manufacture at anything approaching reasonable by most any definition.

You hear it thrown around here a lot but here it is gents... Text book rock catcher!

Gee that coil spring sure looks good though..I guess it's good for racing where you just want to catch large metallic pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back