Works Engineering Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i went to my local tuning racer ricer garage to get my oil temp and pressure gauges installed, i wanted to pick up a high quality oil filter. The original Proton Filter leaves much to be desired quality wise, so i decided to go for this mid raange filter, made by a tuner company ,WORKS Engineering.
I dont see a thread for these, so i snapped some pics to show you guys.

here is a pic of the insides..the baffles..

With claims like that, I would stay clear of them. I was wondering if the Fuller Brush saleaman was pushing these?

HAHAHAHHA what a piece of trash

oh and they recommend changing it every 1800 miles?

That is total fail oil filter I'd rather use a 2$ jobber filter.

I didn't get past the first sentence where they claim a 2-5% horsepower increase.

From an oil filter...

Right.

Maybe if combined with a bunch of Kanji lettering, Momo stickers and Type R badges...

Dude, what a total, utter, pile of trash. That thing is welded up in someones living room in China. THROW THAT THING IN THE GARBAGE!!

Seriously, a Fram orange can of death is a SERIOUS improvement over that junk filter.

Look inside that thing. There is a TON of blow torch cutting slag that is on the "clean" side of the filter. That stuff is going to break off and go straight to your bearings and ruin the engine.

That is the WORST looking filter engine damager I have ever seen.

Worse flow I would say, given unlimited outlet size. Oil is blocked a lot behind the large panels between the "doors", and has to travel further to the "doors" to find a way out. No better flow at least, as filters are designed to have excess flow capacity through the holes compared to the outlet tube and what's further down the line.

Total moronic piece of trash, that filter.
Look at the side of the box, where their unit of pressure is kg/cm. Wrong, and even if you assume its a typo, and they meant kgf/cm^2, thats old deprecated crud units, which should be kPascals or PSI pressure. Shows they are not for real engineering-wise.
And, no, you're not going to get 2-5% hp increase, just no way.

"...increases flow rate of the filtered oil back into the engine by Eddy Conduction."

What?

Can you say m-u-m-b-o j-u-m-b-o?

The only flow rate this filter increases is the flow of money from your wallet to theirs.

"... engine more effective and increases horsepower..."
" Eddy Conduction "
" cures erectiled dysfunction "
(OK, I made that last one up, but they should have added that...)

With so many grammatical errors, misspellings, and false science mentioned, this reminds me of scam trojan junk e-mail where someone from Africa or Asia gives their scam away by not using good english or good facts.

Originally Posted By: Run
Cut it open in the name of science.

+1 I'm curious to see what's inside the filter that makes it gain 2-5% more HP
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I'm curious to see what's inside the filter that makes it gain 2-5% more HP
grin.gif

Hamsters, running on a wheel at F1-level RPMs probably.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: Run
Cut it open in the name of science.

+1 I'm curious to see what's inside the filter that makes it gain 2-5% more HP
grin.gif

thanks for the opinions. Looks like most people think its trash..now should i return it and exchange with several standard filters..or...cut it open..as my contribution to science...or bitogers curiosity..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back