2010 Subaru OB 3.6R, Chevron Supreme 5w30 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kids, another report from ANA labs.

2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R, 106k mileage total on vehicle, 6447 on this oil change interval, about 7 months time duration. Plain vanilla Chevron Supreme 5w30, Toyo Rokio filter, approximately 3/4 of a quart of Supreme makeup oil during the run. Looks like I need to check my air filter, quite a bit of silicon in this oil.

Antimony- 0
Titanium- 0
Silver- 0
Copper- 2
Lead- 0
Tin- 0
Aluminum- 2
Nickel- 0
Iron- 21
Chromium- 1
Cadmium- 0
Sodium- 48
Boron- 70
Silicon- 63
Water % Soot % Vis @ 40C – NA
Vis @ 100C – 9.64

Additives Remaining
K 0
V 2
MO 181
MG 28
CA 2294
BA 0
P 897
Zn 1012

A follow-up to my previous post. 2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R analysis with Chevron Supreme 5w30, TR filter

Do you see that amount of make up oil went up 3 times for last 20k miles? I am pretty sure that next time you'll make up a whole quart or more.
BTW, OCI for this car is 3750 miles. Why to run almost twice longer without knowing TBN/TAN values?

Why such long interval this time on same plain oil? if im reading it right your Iron went from 4ppm to 21 AND you had to add extra oil AND looks like you have filtration issue adding to the party for extra 2K miles.

Originally Posted By: timeau
Do you see that amount of make up oil went up 3 times for last 20k miles? I am pretty sure that next time you'll make up a whole quart or more.
BTW, OCI for this car is 3750 miles. Why to run almost twice longer without knowing TBN/TAN values?

8K miles on a quart is hardly oil consumption. I would not expect it to go up. Except for the silicon there is no problem with the uoa. Although I wouldn't discount silicon coming from the filter. Its unlikely bc Cr numbers are low.

I would consider a Blackstone analysis next time to insure the values for Cr. are accurate.

And I have yet to see TBN numbers being a problem. As a result I never do them anymore.

Originally Posted By: nighamreuki
Why such long interval this time on same plain oil? if im reading it right your Iron went from 4ppm to 21 AND you had to add extra oil AND looks like you have filtration issue adding to the party for extra 2K miles.

I believe you should research a quite a bit more before posting about UOA's.

charger you UOA looks good.

Nice uoa. And this is why I tell people to just stick with conventional in new 3.6 Outbacks since "synthetic" is not "required". Plus the interval is now cut back to 6k miles. And if my wikipedia skills are accurate, the current EZ engine is still the same as this 2010 engine.

timeau - The OCI is 7,500 miles in normal conditions and 3,750 miles in severe conditions.

Wow that's a strong add pack. The Chevron service station I work at uses a ton of Supreme 5w30. glad to know my customers can run this without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back