Jenner Crash Video Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
An Escalade wouldn't even notice that load. I'd hardly pin that as being a contributor, let alone the primary issue.

The Escalade is an excellent vehicle for towing, something that most owners will never know.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
2/3rds of fatal accidents are caused by sober drivers. Why should they get off so easy? In some ways they have less of an excuse. They're sober they should concentrate on being a good driver. Paying attention and adhering to good practices.
If you cause an accident and someone dies you should be charged and arrested just like drunk drivers are.

A larger percentage than ever realized as the cause of serious accidents is falling asleep at the wheel. It's difficult to detect or prevent.

Setting aside the person involved in this accident do you really think that any accident that results in a fatality should automatically result in someone being charged as a criminal? Drunk, high, distracted, etc. can all be factors, which CAN result in criminal penalties, but sometimes accidents happen. They can be tragic and ruin lives yet we seem to want to maximize the number of lives ruined as some form of societal revenge.

When did we become such a punitive, unforgiving bunch?

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Setting aside the person involved in this accident do you really think that any accident that results in a fatality should automatically result in someone being charged as a criminal? Drunk, high, distracted, etc. can all be factors, which CAN result in criminal penalties, but sometimes accidents happen. They can be tragic and ruin lives yet we seem to want to maximize the number of lives ruined as some form of societal revenge.

If you are CARELESS in your behavior while driving it is NOT an accident. In MOST cases collisions happen because the motorist is being careless in some way. I'm almost certain that Bruce Jenner was on the phone or texting at the time the crash occurred. The interesting part is why the HP are not releasing the details of that. Yep, could be undue influence, that wealthy hollyweird types use.

Last edited:

Sometimes "justice" is a $100 ticket which isn't even criminal, it's typically an "infraction". Though it helps set up a lawsuit.

We have a landlord here getting charged with manslaughter for a fire that resulted in multiple fatalities... they say it was his neglect having junk in front of exits, malfunctioning smoke detectors. Other landlords are
27.gif

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

If you are CARELESS in your behavior while driving it is NOT an accident. In MOST cases collisions happen because the motorist is being careless in some way. I'm almost certain that Bruce Jenner was on the phone or texting at the time the crash occurred. The interesting part is why the HP are not releasing the details of that. Yep, could be undue influence, that wealthy hollyweird types use.

We had a former member named antiqushell. He was an expert on Bruce Jenner and this accident. You and he shared many views on this accident. He was banned a day or so before you joined. It's a shame, because I think you two would have gotten along very well.

It's pretty hard to watch a person's vehicle bulldozing into multiple other vehicles, killing a person, and not come to the conclusion that there should have at least been some sort of citation.

Wealthy stars getting away with killing people has become an all too popular theme for some to stomach anymore.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
In the video it looks as if his Escalade upshifted when it should have downshifted, no doubt was having tranny problems.

lololololol...

I should temper my statements. Since I do not know the root cause of what happened here I cannot say if this situation warrants charges. What I mean is that, overall, we are a very vindictive and litigious society.

How many disagree with that?

Quote:
....We have a landlord here getting charged with manslaughter for a fire that resulted in multiple fatalities... they say it was his neglect having junk in front of exits, malfunctioning smoke detectors.....

And that's the point, he/she will be tried by jury of his/her peers or a judge and based on the evidence a decision will be rendered. Then whatever the result, the rights of the deceased and the accused will have been represented and a decision adjudicated in court.

I wonder how one would feel if the deceased in this case Ms Howe, had been their mother, sister, close relative or friend without so much as a 'charge'. I put myself in their place, perhaps life has become cheaper than I realized.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
I have experience with this. Last September my son was killed by the negligent driving of another person. Not only were there no criminal charges but the driver was able to get the moving violations he was charged with erased from his record by attending classes. Has nothing to do with wealth or privilege. Our justice system is broken.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
An Escalade wouldn't even notice that load. I'd hardly pin that as being a contributor, let alone the primary issue.

The Escalade is an excellent vehicle for towing, something that most owners will never know.

Great tow vehicle. My c3 is basically an escalade with a different badge and it tows 7000 pounds with hardly a bump back there. I think it's rated for 9000 pounds.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
no doubt was having tranny problems.

crackmeup2.gif
No doubt about that.

Now that's funny.

I have experience with this. Last September my son was killed by the negligent driving of another person. Not only were there no criminal charges but the driver was able to get the moving violations he was charged with erased from his record by attending classes. Has nothing to do with wealth or privilege. Our justice system is broken.

How insensitive of me to not offer my condolences as well. My daughter and three of her friends were almost killed by a wrong way drunk driver on a Houston highway in March of 2014. My daughter had a fractured C2 vertebrae, the "hangman's fracture." We are lucky she is alive and has made a very good recovery. The drunk driver died at the scene.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Searched and hadn't seen it posted. What I can't understand is how Jenner has not been charged with at least some traffic/moving violation, not to mention causing the death of another motorist? Another example of money/(status?) talking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuh39ykG2U

Plowed thru 2 cars. Must have been texting. Lock the witch up.

I am so sorry.

Originally Posted By: whip

We had a former member named antiqushell. He was an expert on Bruce Jenner and this accident. You and he shared many views on this accident. He was banned a day or so before you joined. It's a shame, because I think you two would have gotten along very well.

I've been hearing rumors they're the same. Or it's another reincarnation of GHT.

How insensitive of me to not offer my condolences as well. My daughter and three of her friends were almost killed by a wrong way drunk driver on a Houston highway in March of 2014. My daughter had a fractured C2 vertebrae, the "hangman's fracture." We are lucky she is alive and has made a very good recovery. The drunk driver died at the scene.

AZjeff:
I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain of losing a child must be unbearable.

DBMaster:
What a relief for you and your family that your daughter made a rapid recovery, it always seems that the drunk walks away but their victim ends up passing away.

What a relief for you and your family that your daughter made a rapid recovery, it always seems that the drunk walks away but their victim ends up passing away.

No kidding! Most people I have told about the accident have said, "Well, at least the right person died this time." When I told my psychiatrist, he simply said, "good." That one threw me, I must admit. My daughter's injuries also included a hip fracture, fractured ribs, fractured sternum, broken tibia, and a variety of abrasions. She was the least injured of the bunch. We must have done something right as parents because even asleep in the back seat she was wearing her seatbelt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back