Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 Noack value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contact Mobil about the actual noack value of Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 and answer me that noack value is considered confidential. Do you know the value? Is the value from a dependable source?

Thanks!

Exxon-Mobil doesn't release NOACK numbers for any of their oils, or at least none that I've seen.

Contact Blackstone Labs. They might be able to test it for you.

Welcome to BITOG.

Yes, 5.6%, as tested on a Russian oil site.

Is it a dependable source? I have no idea but that is the only piece of data we have.

Tabnorup1976, what is the reason for you needing to know the Noack value?

Quattro Pete,

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yes, 5.6%, as tested on a Russian oil site.

Is it a dependable source? I have no idea but that is the only piece of data we have.

I do understand russian, so I searched and yes, it is 5.6 % indeed as seen at http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic/6709-6709/

The oil-club.ru is as reputable as bobistheoilguy.com so it should be reliable.

Originally Posted By: volodymyr

Yeah, I just don't know what lab they use. If it's anything like Blackstone that we have here in the US, it's not overly reliable. I mean, you can send a sample to three different labs and get three different results.
smile.gif

Granted, the lab that the Russian folks use is probably more advanced if they can test for Noack, CCS viscosity, sulfated ash, etc.

One thing you can be certain of is that this oil has Noack of no more than 10% based on the mfg specs it meets. That should be good enough for most folks. I'm not sure how much additional benefit you're getting by having it lower than that, but I guess the lower the better, but at some point the law of diminishing returns will catch up to you.
smile.gif

Yeah, I just don't know what lab they use. If it's anything like Blackstone that we have here in the US, it's not overly reliable. I mean, you can send a sample to three different labs and get three different results.
smile.gif

Granted, the lab that the Russian folks use is probably more advanced if they can test for Noack, CCS viscosity, sulfated ash, etc.

One thing you can be certain of is that this oil has Noack of no more than 10% based on the mfg specs it meets. That should be good enough for most folks. I'm not sure how much additional benefit you're getting by having it lower than that, but I guess the lower the better, but at some point the law of diminishing returns will catch up to you.
smile.gif

It meets MB 229.51, good for me.
Let's say error is 3%, that still means 8.6% which is [censored] good.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

smile.gif

smile.gif

And quite close to M1 0w-40 @ 8.8%, which is also [censored] good
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

smile.gif

smile.gif

And quite close to M1 0w-40 @ 8.8%, which is also [censored] good
wink.gif

Of course.
I personally think that of all Low-SAPS oils, M1 5W30 ESP is by far THE best!

Quattro Pete,

smile.gif

I think the moderator of the web-site is using some lab he has a connections with because none of the result reports contain actually the name or the logo of the lab. Yes, I understand your concern, the lab may be no so reliable since it's name is unknown, no logo, etc.

edyvw,

Ehh ... It's time for me to think about my next oil change (in 3 months) and I am having a hard time to find a good full saps oils in 5w-30 viscosity in Europe. We have, however, a plenty of Low SAPS here in 5W-30. And every time I think if I should switch to low saps oils from full saps. I even asked a few questions here on bitog and the bottom line is that full saps are better for engine wear protection.

Shall we discuss this once again?
smile.gif

edyvw,

Ehh ... It's time for me to think about my next oil change (in 3 months) and I am having a hard time to find a good full saps oils in 5w-30 viscosity in Europe. We have, however, a plenty of Low SAPS here in 5W-30. And every time I think if I should switch to low saps oils from full saps. I even asked a few questions here on bitog and the bottom line is that full saps are better for engine wear protection.

Shall we discuss this once again?
smile.gif

I personally think that when it comes to lubrication, there is no difference. However, Full-SAPS will keep TBN for longer period of time.
I mean, my brother racked up around 370,000km on his Peugeot 407 1.6hdi using Total MC3 5W30. He racked up 280,000km on his 525d E60, before it burned to the ground bcs dealer did not replace one wire that was on a recall. He was using genuine BMW LL-04. Now, he has 240,000km on his Peugeot 508 2.2hdi GT using only Total MC3 5W30.
I just got back from Bosnia, he has also Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI PD (105hp) and 180,000km. He bought that one new, and it is used for business by several people employed in his company. I took it to local mechanic that I am freind with for a long time, and my brother maintains vehicles at his place, he uses Repsol 5W30 VW 504.00/507.00. No oil consumption at all, car still hits 200km/h with no issues.
So, I would like for people who claim that low-saps provides less lubrication to tell me one thing: when will driver notice that issue?

when will driver notice that issue?

Probably never.

That is my point. Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back