Castrol Super Clean vs Purple Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in to the local parts store to buy some Castrol Super Clean. Immediately next to it was a product called Purple Power. It looked to be a generic version of Super Clean, but I've never used it. How do the two compare? Is Purple Power as good as Super Clean? It was MUCH less expensive, so I'm skeptical at the moment, but am wondering what experiences any of you have had with either or both products.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I'll use up the SuperClean I just bought and then try the Purple Power. If it's strong enough for what I need, it would save quite a bit of money.

I've used Super Clean before, it worked really well on wheels and tires. That is until it started eating the coating off on my old Nissan's wheels...

I've been buying degreaser at smart and final. Their store brand is some good stuff and cheap. I dilute it about 20% degreaser 80% water and it works good on tires, under hood, all that. If you use it stronger, it's stronger still.

Originally Posted By: Delta
I've used Super Clean before, it worked really well on wheels and tires. That is until it started eating the coating off on my old Nissan's wheels...

Maybe that's because Super Clean isn't meant to be used on tires and wheels...

Try Simple Green Pro HD its not the green stuff (its more like blue/purple)and can be used on ALL metals and coatings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back