Bilsteins? Yes! But Which Ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I just had 5100's installed on the front of my Silverado last weekend. Its not lifted at all and the 5100's work very well.
How is the ride? Stiff or?
Ride seems to be pleasant, not stiff at all.

I replaced the rear factory Rancho shocks on my 2014 Sierra. I had a clunky noise coming from the rear suspension and found out one of my shocks was bad. I decided to go with Bistein 4600 per recommendations on a GM truck forum. They ride is maybe a little better then the OEM Rancho's but where they really shine is controlling bounce. With my factory shocks, the truck would continue to bounce when hitting a dip in the road at highway speed. With the Bistein the truck recovers almost instantly. Towing my boat seems to be a little more controlled too. A way better shock overall. I would like to replace the front OEM shocks with 4600's (or maybe 5100's if I decide to lift it a little).

Just wanted to say thanks to those who recommended the 5100s. I installed them today and adjusted the fronts to remove the "rake" that existed. The FX4 sits nice and level now and the ride quality is outstanding. After 150K, 3 of the 4 shocks were toast and the Bilsteins are awesome shocks.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back