Rotella Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in an Auto Zone yesterday and noticed a new display introducing Shell Rotella oil filters.

(Hopefully Shell won't be offering their scam rebates on them.)

Scam rebates? They should give you "pump perks" and save a few cents per gallon....at a participating Shell fuelly!

You know how Autozone and the others have the oil+filter sales. I can see a 'premium' package being offered, A 5qt jug of Rotella T6, Rotella oil filter and a $25 V-Power with Nitrogen gas card being offered as a kit!!

Last edited:
I didn't know there were Rotella-branded oil filters..or is this just a 'Rotella plus filter" deal?

I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of the good name of Rotella by applying it to a filter line yet.It would be one more fish in a very big pond of brands.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I didn't know there were Rotella-branded oil filters..or is this just a 'Rotella plus filter" deal?

They are new, and they are indeed Rotella brand filters.

Uh oh guys saw them at Autozone today and snapped some pics for you. Lol like Purolator to me! I hope I'm wrong.

20tmols.jpg

k39e91.jpg

10qjedz.jpg

dmtdfk.jpg

Since Rotella is a diesel oil primarily, are these just filters for diesel applications?

Would seem silly to make a gas car-engine line of filters named after a diesel engine oil!

(and yes, I know Rotella products are dual rated, but the thinnest one is 10W-30, most new gas engines are using 20-weights)

Anyone else think this is silly?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Anyone else think this is silly?

Purolator should concentrate on it's quality control rather than on being enablers for Shell's intense need to cannibalize its own product sales across its own product lines.
wink.gif
I suppose, however, if these are for agricultural and HD applications only, it's not a terrible idea, provided they can convince people to buy these instead of Baldwins and Donaldson and Fleetguards, and assuming that the Purolator media can handle soot loaded 15w-40 over 20,000+ miles better than it can handle 5w-20 over 3,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Run
The holes in the base plate look like a Purolator.
The holes in the base plate or the holes in the media look like a Purolator????

Purelator all the way, although they are part of MANN now, so maybe MANN is fixing their quality control issues. I never had any issues with any MANN filters or the old P1 Toyota filters that I used to put on my FX16 GTS. Took that to 386k with 90% Toyota/P1 made filters and M1 5W-30

Gosh ill be glad when the purolator fixes their problem or something something.
It's like watching a drama flick having to hear about it all the time.yucky and depressing.
Anyway I don't think the awareness or perceived awareness (which ever it really is) is really effecting them. People buying em left and right and still other companies having them make filters for them. Possibly shell now. Lol u guys aren't making enough noise outside of bitog I guess =)

Originally Posted By: ronp
Gosh ill be glad when the purolator fixes their problem or something something.
It's like watching a drama flick having to hear about it all the time.yucky and depressing.
Anyway I don't think the awareness or perceived awareness (which ever it really is) is really effecting them. People buying em left and right and still other companies having them make filters for them. Possibly shell now. Lol u guys aren't making enough noise outside of bitog I guess =)
Just Google Purolator tears, you will see lots of noise!!!

Makes sense that they are purolators since puro also makes the Pennzoil filters.

I wonder if they are relabeled classics or do they use an upgraded grade of media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back