Kreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying this in the Aurora with the 3.5L "Shortstar" known for oil consumption from coked oil rings. Last OCI added 1 pint with 6qts Rotella 10w30 with the 2nd pint added at the first top up. 2000 miles on OCI and consumption is improved from 1qt/300 miles to 1qt/500 miles. Going to run one more pint and change to fresh T5 10w30 with another pint of Kreen to see if it has any more effect. Pretty expensive for a car with 150,000 miles but at under 500 miles per quart of oil and approx 600 miles per week driving that adds up quick, too.

It works, it does take time not just miles but over the period of a OCI it will reduce oil consumption if its caused by deposits on the rings, nothing is fixing mechanical issues.
This is an old thread but over the last 5 years i have tried it on many cars and still have a high opinion of the product.

Like anything else it is not magic in a can but it does what they claim and if you are not satisfied the company will give you your money back without a song and dance performance.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It works, it does take time not just miles but over the period of a OCI it will reduce oil consumption if its caused by deposits on the rings, nothing is fixing mechanical issues.
This is an old thread but over the last 5 years i have tried it on many cars and still have a high opinion of the product.

Like anything else it is not magic in a can but it does what they claim and if you are not satisfied the company will give you your money back without a song and dance performance.

Spot on, Trav. The stuff is really good at cleaning, but by its very nature it is used in many cars with mechanical issues that no magic juice can cure.

We have used it here in a variety of different engines, most with excellent results. A couple were not fixable by Kreen, and those were torn apart to find worn bores and shot rings...

Originally Posted By: Trav

I changed the Volvo V70 PCV system(flame trap) to cure the oil consumption of up to 1 quart or more per thousand mile, the new flame trap didn't do much. I also tried Rislone 2-3 times and it didn't slowing down the oil consumption either.

I will try this Kreen in the Volvo, the main problem is find a way to have it shipped to California address.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back