What oil for a 2015 Dodge Journey with 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I dump the factory oil at 500 miles and switch to mobile one 5w 20? Or use dino lube like the owners handbook says,....it does not say not to use synthetic but I would guess it would be superior for a four banger engine in a hot climate that I live in.

I wouldn't use Mobil 1 while under warranty because it doesn't carry Chrysler's spec. Not that it will hurt anything, but in the rare event that you have an engine problem it's best to be using an oil that carries their spec.

Don't dump it early. Use the intervals stated in the OM, and a synthetic blend that meets Chrysler specs should be fine. If you use a full synthetic and go by the carmaker's recommended interval, you may have to dump the synthetic before it's time.

I prefer to dump the Factory Fill early.

I dumped it on my Honda Fit at 4534kms (had my service book open) and if it makes you feel great, do it early.

The next OCI I went for another Dino, Mobil Super 1000 and ran it the same lenght of time as the Factory Fill.

Now I run it for fairly long OCI's with confidence.

I would run the FF out to at least 1/2 the recommended interval. There is stuff in the FF to protect against scuffing. To early a FF change and you lose that advantage. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I would run the FF out to at least 1/2 the recommended interval. There is stuff in the FF to protect against scuffing. To early a FF change and you lose that advantage. Ed
+1 That seems to be the general consensus about break in oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back