How is Titanium Better than Castrol EDGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you track your car, then just use the gold castrol bottle. Pay a little more for piece of mind that the oil is branded to "last longer" although they stopped making that claim.

I've used nothing but castrol edge in my car and it always runs smooth throughout the oil change interval compared to using conventional oil.

Mobil 1 extended performance is just as good, too.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I believe he's serious with his congratulations, castrol is indeed not very forthcoming with info. He wasn't being sarcastic

This exactly, getting any info out of Castrol is normally like trying to get blood from a rock. Even their published info is greatly lacking compared to most other manufacturers.

I don't really even see how you read my original comment any other way than how it was intended but the written word on the net can be misinterpreted easily I guess.

Just for clarification if you're wondering-

Black bottle Edge - Ti, but lower amounts than Edge EP.
Edge HM has boosted Ti ( a bit more than Edge/Edge EP)

Edge is now using Ca, no mg, 300ppm + of boron, roughly 22 ppm of Ti, 80 ppm of Moly.

The Ti Castrol is using is unique to them and not outsourced.

Thank you Buster for that info good sir
smile.gif

Shannon,
I read that Magnatec thread for a third time and realised who our dear friend BobbyDavro works for.
I wonder if he still wants to stick to his story that all of his colleagues are purer than the driven snow!!
Lol..

Do remember that this is a public forum. Anyone can look at what's written; even lawyers.
It would have been wiser not to answer at all and not rise to the bait. If you felt compelled to answer, 'I think so but I can't be 100% sure' might have worked better. But a very emphatic 'Yes', well that has implications....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
Just for clarification if you're wondering-

Black bottle Edge - Ti, but lower amounts than Edge EP.
Edge HM has boosted Ti ( a bit more than Edge/Edge EP)

Edge is now using Ca, no mg, 300ppm + of boron, roughly 22 ppm of Ti, 80 ppm of Moly.

The Ti Castrol is using is unique to them and not outsourced.
Cool. Interested where you read that about Edge HM. Thanks!

^the product data sheet. I also called Castrol and they told the Ti amounts vary by grade. Edge>Edge EP>Edge HM. The current EP has about 22ppm.

Originally Posted By: Gearhead1194
I've been attacked since I started posting on here so when there's the slightest hint that it could be happening yet again it gets irritating. I'm sorry KC

LOL, I learned this and creatively speaking, getting banned is a good tool to allow time to heal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back