Good Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Not sure where you got it tested, but you got skinned. How can that be money well spend? It doesn't add to the life of your battery, in fact the test cost 1/2 what a new battery would be...

My prior approach was to replace a battery as soon as I had to boost a car, assuming there was no obvious explanation - lights left on or something. That approach had always worked fine - I got reasonable life out of my batteries and hardly ever needed a boost. But if I had done that I would have lost out on many years of useful battery life. In fact a new battery might not have lasted as long as the old one still did. Knowing the battery was still good gave me the confidence to charge it up and carry on.

And there's no-where in Canada that I know of that will tell you that for free. So it was money well spent.

I could have just carried on without those results, but I wouldn't have done that.

Partsource will check it for free. You can check it yourself with a$20 multi-meter. Any shop you have had dealing wit would not charge for this as it takes a few minutes. An new battery may not have lasted as long, or maybe twice as long...

I changed the factory battery in my 04 F250 V10 last year. 10 years of service, 10 years of harsh northern plains winters. I went with a new OEM because of this. 120k miles on the original battery.

Last edited:
My interstate battery lasted 10 years. The car spent 5 years in Northeast Ohio and the other 5 in North Carolina. I replaced it because the car would start kind of hard if it was extremely humid outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back