VersaChem copper anti seize

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried it. I'm a happy satisfied customer of the Permatex silver stuff.
smile.gif

I opine that anti-seize is often misapplied by members of this forum. Do you need copper anti-seize? Do you know how it differs from the silver stuff mentioned above?

Anyone looking for the "best" GP thread sealant should look at THIS. Page 109.

You have to understand the effects of a lubricant on threads before you start cranking them down.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
You have to understand the effects of a lubricant on threads before you start cranking them down.

Yes and according to your link: "Prevents seizing and galling on all threaded fasteners." I already knew that.

What are you saying oil changer?

My demos o2 sensor was accompanied with a pack of copper AS. Please do tell the differences between the two (or three if you include nicked).

Cool, just found out versa chem and permatex are the same company.

I got suspicious when the msds for VC copper AS had permatex listed. Then I compared the contact us menus and they are both at the same locale in Hartford, CT.

Originally Posted By: slomo
The copper flavor conducts electricity, silver formula does not.

slomo

No......

They both conduct electricity, but the copper is more conductive. I believe you lose a little heat resistance as a result IIRC.

From what I understand, Copper is better for sparkplugs in a steel/iron head motor, and silver/ceremic for aluminum heads. Both work great on battery terminals to.
49.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back