Prices of engine oil @ Can. Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrianF
Garak: What shops do you suggest in the Regina area?

I can suggest many.
wink.gif

I won't provide any actual links, but you can check the phone book and the web easily enough. The Flying J/Nistor’s Farm Service Ltd on Ross Avenue East is the local SOPUS dealer, for Shell products only. For Pennzoil/Quaker State, your stuck with Blue Wave Energy in Weyburn or La Ronge. In a pinch, places like Auto Electric or Auto Parts Plus on Albert Street North have sensible regular prices on Pennzoil/Quaker State products. Marsollier Petroleum on Inland Drive by IPSCO (Evraz, I guess now) is the Imperial Oil dealer, with an unrivaled warehouse.

For Petro-Canada, it's Mazenc Fuels on First Avenue East. For Chevron stuff, Husky Bulk Sales on McDonald Street North is the bulk dealer. Maxim Truck & Trailer on Henderson also sells some Chevron stuff, along with Fumoto valves.

Wakefield doesn't have a local Castrol distributor, so you're stuck waiting for sales from Canadian Tire or Walmart. Alternatively, Den-Paul on St. John Street sells a full line of Castrol products, along with Royal Purple for boutique stuff and Boss Lubricants for cheaper stuff.

That's most of the good stuff off the top of my head. If you're wondering about harder to find brands or wish to know about oil filter retailers, let me know.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
weak currency

Weaker than the U.S. Dollar?

yes

1 CAD = 0.822397 USD 2015-05-19 02:19 UTC

Also the market here for oil is all marked up (mentioned earlier) so if anyone needs some rushed OCI will pay big time.

Example: 4.4qts 0w20 M1 AFE = $52
sale = $30

USA regular price is $37 for 5 + 1 qts

Sale maybe $20-$25

Canadian engine oil prices are not from exchange rates, that is not the issue.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
weak currency

Weaker than the U.S. Dollar?

yes

1 CAD = 0.822397 USD 2015-05-19 02:19 UTC

Also the market here for oil is all marked up (mentioned earlier) so if anyone needs some rushed OCI will pay big time.

Example: 4.4qts 0w20 M1 AFE = $52
sale = $30

USA regular price is $37 for 5 + 1 qts

Sale maybe $20-$25

Canadian engine oil prices are not from exchange rates, that is not the issue.

enlighten us plz
12.gif

As I already stated, markup is the issue. It is not the industry norm to charge over 100% for markup on motor oil, except, notably, with Walmart Canada and Canadian Tire/Partsource. NAPA Canada also has their idiotic moments, too.

Where is this $7 mail in rebate? In store or online? I can't find it.
edit: from what I can see it's 19.95 after the main in rebate. Prove me wrong, I want some.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Where is this $7 mail in rebate? In store or online? I can't find it.
edit: from what I can see it's 19.95 after the main in rebate. Prove me wrong, I want some.

No it's 19.xx before the MIR. Sale price is 19.xx at TSC stores and i price matched at Canadian Tire. They also beat the price by giving 10% lower price in Canadian Tire money, which is equal to $2. I spent $2 for the second jug.

The mail in rebate coupon is supposed to be on the jug, but if it's not there, you can print it out

Taken from redflagdeals

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shell-rot...2/#post22582747

6ocxso.jpg

Yep, there's nothing wrong with that deal! For Canadian who don't mind chasing sales and having a bit of patience, Napa Canada has some very good deals on occasion. At the very least, one isn't in Walmart or Canadian Tire while shopping.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back