Arafat dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yasser Arafat had become nothing more than a weasel. Hamas would have gladly killed him had they been able to pin it on Israel.

I think that our political leaders would due best not to comment as opposed to lamenting Arafat's death. Chances are that his successor will be no better, but there is very little chance that the successor could be much worse, especially with regard to the Palestinians.

This MFer was about hate, greed and extortion. There was nothing redeeming about him. I hope that history will revile him as time passes. The fact that he walked among decent people skeeves me.

We are sending Assistant Secretary of State William Burns. I had wondered if we would ask Jesse Jackson. Carter would have been a good choice too. Not much chance of either keeping quiet.

I think this article says it very nice:

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/c-e/campbell/2004/campbell111204.htm

lol.gif

Strange how some people filter out the Stern gang and their works. The whole thing is a mess: the reason the Palestinians are reviled is that they have so far lost the war. Now if they and other Arab countries had US money to train and equip an army/airforce, the major powers would pay more heed to the refugees from Palestine displaced since 1948. Campbell sanctimoniuosly talks af babies being killed: has he forgotten Shatilla where the so-called Christians slaughtered the inhabitants? Under the eyes of the Israeli army.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Yasser Arafat had become nothing more than a weasel. Hamas would have gladly killed him had they been able to pin it on Israel.

I think that our political leaders would due best not to comment as opposed to lamenting Arafat's death. Chances are that his successor will be no better, but there is very little chance that the successor could be much worse, especially with regard to the Palestinians.

This MFer was about hate, greed and extortion. There was nothing redeeming about him. I hope that history will revile him as time passes. The fact that he walked among decent people skeeves me.

Groucho,
I agree with the above.

Our countries had to send someone, but I'm glad in both cases that it was not any senior types.

quote:

Originally posted by nortones2:
Strange how some people filter out the Stern gang and their works. The whole thing is a mess: the reason the Palestinians are reviled is that they have so far lost the war. Now if they and other Arab countries had US money to train and equip an army/airforce, the major powers would pay more heed to the refugees from Palestine displaced since 1948.

Baloney. The reason most sane people revile the Palistiian cause is their culture of death. You can't equicate the Pali's lust for blood with one atrocity commited by a rougue group a generation ago. Nice try, but no sale.

quote:

the reason the Palestinians are reviled is that they have so far lost the war.

No ..not a all. The reason that Palestinians are superficially reviled is how they chose to fight their war ...and why they're fighting to begin with. The whole situation has a good amount of Muslim Ummah sitting there wishing for the destruction of Israel.

Have you and your next door neighbor have a conversations about your visions for the future. You say ..I hope to provide for my family, build a deck and buy a hot tub. He says ..."I hope to achieve the destruction of your home and family.

How are you going to ever be viewed as anything "evil"? How is he going to be viewed as anything but a jerk?

Palestinians have been the cannon fodder for many outside elements that want this conflict to go on. They and the Israelis have taken many hits for this propaganda proxy conflict.

If Palestinians remained totally passive ...and were truly victims (like those Muslims in the Balkins that we aided) the free world would have no tolerance for Sharon's antics and the rest of his right wing thugs.

..but our ears are filled with wax and screams of the dead from suicide bombers. Our eyes can only see the remains of the dead and the ambulances that carry away the wounded and crippled.

If the Palestinians were winning ..then they would be something to be destroyed ...with prejudice. The desire to destroy a nation or culture merely for its being ..is not intelectually defensible under any sensible rational.

Arafat was a loser. He milked the Palestinian people for his own glorification. If he's a shining example of the Arab world's finest minds ...may GOD help them.

Thing is, in 2000 Clinton and Barak essentially called his bluff by offering him pretty much all the land he wanted and he still said "No". Proves he was never about a Palestinian homeland, which there never was one anyway, and just about destroying Israel. Or it could be if he said yes, he knew that elements in his own group would off him.
The other Arab states hate Israel as well and are happy to use the Palestinians as cannon fodder so as not to get their own hands dirty and their own people killed.

quote:

We can have a good relationship (with France) and get their assistance

IIRC, the French athletes at the Munich Olympics gave the Nazi salute as they passed the reviewing stand. I've heard stories of French civillians spitting on Allied soldiers soon after liberation.

Currently, French souviner hunters are diving on and looting items off the wreck of my Uncle, Reginald J. Clark's ship Lithuaniaville that was sunk off of Cherbourg 24 DEC 1944 by a German sub during deployment to the Battle of the Buldge.

The WW II memorial to Allied heros in the American cemetary in Normandy was desecrated recently.

The only relationship I want with France is from the cool end of a Geiger-Counter.
wink.gif

Re "Palestinians have been the cannon fodder for many outside elements that want this conflict to go on. They and the Israelis have taken many hits for this propaganda proxy conflict." Agreed, including some from inside Israel. Rabin's assassination was to enable the conflict to continue, one which certain Israeli's intended to win, and to expand the state. One side uses despicable tactics, the other side, atrocities.

Nortone, The way you have difficulty discerning moral absolutes, you would swear you were from Europe or something.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy:
Nortone, The way you have difficulty discerning moral absolutes, you would swear you were from Europe or something.
wink.gif

No kidding. "B-b-but the Israelis had the Stern gang and the Irgun."

Uh'huh, and the Hagana sunk a ship of Irgun members, killing over a hundred IIRC, and disbanded them. Nice try.

As an Israeli, I appreciate Gary Allen, Ron Jeremy, and others comments here. Actually I appreciate all the comments here, its just that some are wrong.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I hope that history will revile him as time passes. The fact that he walked among decent people skeeves me.

Not likely. The NY Times, USA Today, countless UK rags, latte sippin' Frenchmen and most of the EU have already legitimized him and elevated him to a status equal to the likes of Churchill. The fact that he was awarded the Nobel prize is an absolute disgrace
mad.gif

Some actions by Irgun and other Israeli terrorist gangs:
During the period 1937-1939, the Irgun conducted a campaign of marketplace bombings and other acts of violence that in total killed hundreds of Arabs.
The King David Hotel bombing on July 26, 1946, killing 91.
The bombing of the British Embassy in Rome, also in 1946.
Assassinated British minister Lord Moyne in Cairo in 1944.
Assassinated the UN mediator Count Bernadotte in September, 1948 for his allegedly pro-Arabic conduct during the cease-fire negotiations.
Are claimed to be responsible for the massacres of hundreds of Arab villagers and the forced exile of thousands. In particular, on April 9th, 1948 a military operation at Deir Yassin.
In 1947, killed two British hostages, sergeants who had been taken prisoner and later killed in response to British refusal to cancel the death sentence of two Jewish activists in Akko prison. Also, killed several suspected collaborators with the Haganah and the British mandate government.

Quite a little history, with remarkable similarities to later actions in the Middle east. Moral absolutes?

quote:

Originally posted by poison:

As an Israeli, I appreciate Gary Allen, Ron Jeremy, and others comments here. Actually I appreciate all the comments here, its just that some are wrong.
wink.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Poison, not a problem, I am deeply diturbed by the barrage of propaganda (and worse) being leveled at Jews and Israelis these days. The justification is the fraudulant victimhood of a bunch of blood thirsty barbarians called Palistinians. This is a phony excuse for bigotry as I believe that it's 1936 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back