New truck time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
2011 ram 2500 st, beautiful vinyl floors and seats with questionable rims. Fairly sure it was never worked hard because not a scratch anywhere and low-ish miles. Traded in my 2014 ram lone star because diesel. I bought the 2014 for 27.5k, and traded it in at 27k, only $500 in depreciation in 15k miles. The new humble truck will only be worked 3-4 times a year hauling my junk cars around. My children will get to school in much more questionable style. Comments/harassment/trolling encouraged.

Obligatory blurry picture:

v57a1bA

I think someone tried to make that into a brotruck and decided they'd be better off starting with a higher optioned truck!

It should serve you well. Already has towing mirrors! If it were mine, I'd swap those wheels for a set on CL or something - surely someone wants those on their truck.

Is it a 4x4? Does a 2011 2500 have the 4 link coil rear?

Not a bad looking truck. The drive train is bullet proof!
How many miles on it? Love the vinyl and rubber. So easy to clean. That is how my truck is.

I toyed with the idea of getting a diesel because I tow 2000 to 5000 miles per year, but at 7500lbs loaded, I couldn't justify the cost of diesel to sit on the side of my house and do, well nothing except for in the summer. I am just not a truck guy.

Originally Posted By: Donald
You traded in a 2014 RAM w/diesel?

Yes, what's this all about? Did you not know it was a diesel when you first bought it? What made you hate it later on?

old truck was a hemi. dont get me wrong, it was an amazing truck but for towing it wasn't good/safe enough. I also do occasional redneck things on the family ranch to justify it. new truck has only 62k on the odo, and yes i've been already trolling around CL for some OEM rims, these are too tacky for my taste.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
old truck was a hemi. dont get me wrong, it was an amazing truck but for towing it wasn't good/safe enough. I also do occasional redneck things on the family ranch to justify it. new truck has only 62k on the odo, and yes i've been already trolling around CL for some OEM rims, these are too tacky for my taste.

So old 2014 ruck was a diesel but a 1/2 ton and you wanted a 3/4 ton?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Donald
You traded in a 2014 RAM w/diesel?

Yes, what's this all about? Did you not know it was a diesel when you first bought it? What made you hate it later on?

I think the new one is a diesel which is why he traded. I only figured that out thanks to his signature, the op was worded strangely.

His old truck was a 2014 GASSER HEMI not sure if it was a half ton or not.

His new truck is a 2011 Cummins Turbo Diesel, so at least a 3/4 ton.

because diesel sort of like because race car if you seen those things before.

sorry for the confusion fellas. old truck, 2014 ram hemi lone star half ton.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Has the truck hit that magical pothole yet that makes the DPF fall off?

excellent question my friend, hopefully within 6-12 months that might happen.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
His old truck was a 2014 GASSER HEMI not sure if it was a half ton or not.

His new truck is a 2011 Cummins Turbo Diesel, so at least a 3/4 ton.

because diesel sort of like because race car if you seen those things before.

That's exactly how I read it. I thought of the same thing when I read the post. I had a buddy who always said "because Race car" about everything related to a car.

Looks like he hit a pothole that made his trailer fall off.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan

Looks like he hit a pothole that made his trailer fall off.

alright the trolling has begun, try harder friend.

I dunno, I would not have done the trade. Diesel too expensive, too risky. Isn't this from the dark days when Dodge made junk?

[Am trying to troll, not making it far.]

Decent trade work, losing all of $500. And if the half ton wasn't safe in getting the job done, well, then it was not the right vehicle. Seems to make sense.

Not a fan of the rims either. Going full stock, or larger tires too?

Originally Posted By: supton
I dunno, I would not have done the trade. Diesel too expensive, too risky. Isn't this from the dark days when Dodge made junk?

[Am trying to troll, not making it far.]

Decent trade work, losing all of $500. And if the half ton wasn't safe in getting the job done, well, then it was not the right vehicle. Seems to make sense.

Not a fan of the rims either. Going full stock, or larger tires too?

yeah was a nice perk only paying around $63 in sales tax, the 2011 was $28k. did i pay too much, maybe but i havent felt any buyers remorse except no usb port but that is a solvable first world problem. and yeah found some OEM wheels/tires tonight, it will look sharper I think. Will replace those tires eventually with BFG AT's. The ones on it are some dale earnhart wheels so i'm sure someone will snap them up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back