"Parts Master #61334 (CUT OPEN) 9,800~ 13' Accent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks. Here we have a Parts Master #61334 that was on my nice older neighbor lady's car. She picked up this 2013 Hyundai Accent with 39,100 on odometer. Oil change sticker shows oil which was MaxLife 10w30 had 9,800~ on it. Kinda black oil and some debris too. I put a KIA/HYUNDAI OEM filter on along with some Valvoline MaxLife Nextgen 5w20 from my huge stash. Told her to come back at 5,000 or 5 months. Did my good deed for the week
wink.gif

16l9w6b.jpg

25q4y1t.jpg

24azyns.jpg

2vsrzba.jpg

2q1vrq9.jpg

2rd8507.jpg

14e5l6s.jpg

34pkswo.jpg

ic73mu.jpg

9sgccl.jpg

ous7kk.jpg

2ewl8c0.jpg

You are very welcome Sir1900
wink.gif
. Oil wasn't as bad as I thought; some soft, blackish crud but when rubbed between my fingers didn't think was gosh awful darn bad. I hope to see this car again in 5k or lil less, nice lil' commuter for her

Looking out for a older lady is always the way to go ! Now that is awesome. She is someone's mother or grandmother and its great doing good by her. I believe we get back what we sow. And doing this is really cool. Well done
smile.gif

Thanks bbhero and I know her daughter and she and this lil' older woman are great folks. Glad the MaxLife red jug did something +

I love the Hyundai/Kia OEM oil filters. They have a thick canister, the reviews are very positive, and they are available at my local Hyundai dealer for about $5.00. I use them on my 03 Honda CRV.

I agree. That is a well constructed filter. Very well put together. Yeah that maxlife will do her good.

As noted above this PM is a Wix 'made for' filter using a dome end bypass. Looks pretty good, especially considering the miles. And in this case, xref indicates it to be the H/K spec size. Decent filter I'd say.

Yeah, I could get one for round' $4 and change. Sayjac, the black ADBV; its nitrile rubber right? Says "Parker" on it btw

Correct, it's nitrile as opposed to silicone on the Wix/Napa Gold. Nothing wrong with that, silicone tends to be more durable/pliable over longer oci's. Jobber tier filters use nitrile, even some upper tier like Donaldson and FleetGuard use them. Parker labeled adbv's are used by Wix.

Parts Master = Wix ProTec = Napa Silver/ProSelect

Most Napa Silver's are on sale for $3.04 each thru the end of April

Dave

Didn't notice this on the can, but the equivalent MicroGard MGL51334 is made in USA whereas the WIX/ Napa Gold equivalents are hecho en Mexico.

I bought one of these for the Kubota garden tractor. Turns out its the equivalent for the mid-sized OEM filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back