Mazda 0W20 Synthetic 7000kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm new here and see this isn't the way to post results, but I can't figure out how the chart works or how to add a picture.
What I do know is that oil should not look like this. First change was done at 8000kms and this is the result of oil change #2 with 7000kms.
Apparently the oil level was slowly creeping up the dip stick is how the customer found this.

3 Sodium
2 potassium
21 silicon
1 aluminum
20 iron
10 copper
0 lead
0 tin
1 chromium
0 nickel
o titanium
0 silver
0 vanadium
0 antimony
0 beryllium
1810 calcium
692 zinc
611 phosphorus
8 magnesium
181 molybdenum
168 boron
vis @ 40....45.2
vis @ 100....5.04
Fuel %.. 11.75

I see fuel is the culprit and the dealer is trying to find the problem. But what about long term affects of engine internals?? How can you tell if this hurt the engine? Has the damage been done or will this matter if problem fixed and oil flushed? Don't know how long it was like this, but customer regularly checks oil and brought in as soon as it was noticed. Vehicle is just a year old with 15,000 kms.
Just looking for some expert advise.

Fuel dilution usually caused by not getting oil to temp..though I have never seen it this high. Please adviseus of driving habits and type/model/year of car. Will help us provide you with more accurate advice/info. Welcome to Bitog!

While your looking for answers and a solution you might consider a long, hard drive and/or changing the oil. That's a lot of gasoline in the oil.

PS Don't smoke while changing the oil on this car (lol).

I have a mazda with high fuel dilution and it is sometimes the nature of the beast...

...but at 11.8% the oil is becoming way too thin i believe.

Wear is not too bad for 4400miles/7000km...

...but silicon is high, so this can be abrasive, it also could be residual wear-in.
I suggest an air filter change.

The oil level in my car does fluctuate up and down some but comes down with high speed
drives. It seems that 'your' mazda is idling a lot and may need an ecu reflash as
too much fuel is being dumped into the CC and past the pistons even though chromium
shows some ring seal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: abycat
honestly the report looks great. I bet it would last running just like this.

Yes, because 11.75% fuel and a viscosity of 5.04 at 100c is great! F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M

I would suspect leaking injector or fuel pressure too high. My CX5 has never shown over 1% fuel. Something is wrong. Have Blackstone run the analysis again to confirm. Ed

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: abycat
honestly the report looks great. I bet it would last running just like this.

Yes, because 11.75% fuel and a viscosity of 5.04 at 100c is great! F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M

what exactly is it hurting? wear metals are fine especially for the second change ever. I've seen 4x as much wear metals on a 100k engine still. Give me some indication that it is hurting the engine and I'll facepalm myself but until then I think this is just what you will see for certain di engines.

First we had 3000 mile OCI's... then we learned that oil has improved along with engine tech., and OCI's became longer and longer... low maintenance, save the planet etc....

Now, with DI engines, it seems we should be moving back to shorter OCI's...

Better....? Maybe, until you need to clean the intake valves...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Isn't this normal for DI engines??

10% is probably b/c you short tripped too much

No.

Ok, to update, yes this is a 2.5L skyactive DI.
There is a fair amount of city driving, but also does the occasional highway run. Definitely doesn't sit there idling for an hour warming up in winter.
It was at the dealer for a check up. They reviewed the report and could not find why it was diluted. They did every electronic check available via their scanner/computer and said everything is registering correctly. They tell me the sensors would pick up the extra fuel. Well obviously they don't.
Since the change of dirty oil, it has been driven 800kms, and no apparent problems. The dealer did another oil/ filter change at this time, and they said to monitor it. A file has been started with mazda to get their input.
Dont know if this was sudden, or been there for a long time. I started this thread because I know nothing about oil specs and wanted some idea if this was going to hurt the engine long term.

Last edited:
Your car is operating perfectly fine if you are running 87 octane. The ECU has to run very rich to cool the combustion chamber enough for the high pressures or you will get detonation with 87. It has to run pig rich on 87 octane.

If you want to fix the fuel dilution even though there is no evidence of it being a problem, run premium unleaded (91+ octane).

Don't stress. Your car is fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back