self hearing test online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: please obtain/use a decent pair of headphones, the ones that seriously capable of producing relatively flat range all the way up/pass 21kHz or similar.

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

Using a pair of sony plugs on my dell laptop, I've tested myself up to 15kHz before I lose it (which actually confirms with the result I got through a professional hearing lab test result late last year)

I'm in my mid40s btw.

Q.

some of my older friends (in their 50s and early 60s) around 7kHz, with my dad being down to around 4.4kHz.

Anyone who can hold up to around 10kHz is a blessing, for I my hearing lab technician told me (last year) that he had encountered some young adults around late 20s are only good to about 7kHz.....mainly due to loud music, loud if not sustained SPL (sound pressure level) for long periods of time, listening to headphone (those darn dr dree cans) over long periods of time, etc.

I started out my testing when I was around 17yrs old, was good all the way to around 23~24kHz back then.

And good ole pa was right back then RE: high ambient noise (living in the city), lifestyle choice, activities, etc. will lead to premature hearing loss to many gen Y and Gen Z (and beyond)...

Q.

recommendations: don't worry about the low frequency starting part ( I can hear from 40Hz upwards, but started my test @ 100Hz), focus more on the high part (for that's where the bulk of the hearing loss detection comes from).

Good luck and protect your hearing whenever possible.

(*when I fly (airplane), I wear earplugs; when I sleep in motel/hotel, I wear earplugs too...*)

Almost nothing above ~4500Hz w/o my hearing aids in.

When first tested by an audiologist at 50, I could see the doctor pushing the 'sound' buttons on the other side of the hearing chamber glass.
Nothing. "Severe" and "profound" hearing loss was her diagnosis. Hooked me up with some $5000 Phonak hearing aids.

Almost a miracle to be able to hear cymbals and bells in my favorite music tracks, the blinker in our cars and some women's voices again.

I'm 35 and I got to 13,600 before I couldn't hear it. Mind you, I didn't use headphones, rather my home speakers.

35, using some 1/2 way decent logitech PC speakers, lost it around 16.5k

history of not using hearing protection NEARLY as often as i should. and was in marching band in HS.

Thanks

14322 +/- a tad using laptop w/ Sennheiser HD-439 headphones, 50% volume and room wasn't all quiet (TV & wife thrashing dishes).
Did 3 runs for the tone.

upper 50s age - done a lot of guns/howitzer, tank (M60-105 cannon), 50 cal etc etc, then some years after military practice shooting (rifle/pistol), trap (~500 shotshells per week), hunting (waterfowl, deer, bear, pheasant). Kinda loud Harley. Work in high noise environment.
At upper 50s in age, I'm surprised (I guess).
I do cherish my audio room (tube amps and mostly spin LPs) but don't play loud. I feel I pretty much hear from lows to crisp highs.
Maybe if I clean my ear holes and re-test in a quiet environment... nah, I hear enough from the wife as it is.

47. Gone at 13K

too many motorcycles with aftermarket exhausts, being an Army tanker, SPL car stereos, concerts, firearms, growing up in close proximety to helicopters....I'm honestly surprised it still works that well.

I loose it at 7,600
I also suffer from Tinnitus :-(

I have also tried to tell younger people to protect their hearing.
I guess until you loose it, you don't know what you can be missing.

Funny thing is, I 'think' my hearing is OK, but people just don't
speak clearly.

40 male lost everything at 4400. With headphones.

I did sustain significant hearing damage at age 20. I do not use hearing aids. I am not positive, but I don't believe my hearing has changed much in the last 20 years. I obviously take much better care with my hearing than I did at age 20.

I lost everything at 3900 without headphones, over speaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back