Oil Filter for Fiat 500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fiat 500 uses a paper cartridge filter. Does anybody make a synthetic media filter that is made for this car?

Wix or hastings would be the best per construction I couldn't find any synthetic filters but you bought a niche car it's not mass produced compared to others so I don't see anyone going out of the way to make a synthetic filter for you any time soon. ... but hey hopefully I'm wrong

I'm convinced that if marketers put 'synthetic' in front of anything now some people will automatically feel it must be superior and thus desirable.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I'm convinced that if marketers put 'synthetic' in front of anything now some people will automatically feel it must be superior and thus desirable.

The opposite of that is to claim your product is "organic".

Looks like the Mann filter is the king of the crop here. Thicker paper media and more pleats than OEM.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Yes. I like the 'made with real sugar' label. Who knew that would be an ad line.

Originally Posted By: robo339
Wix or hastings would be the best per construction I couldn't find any synthetic filters but you bought a niche car it's not mass produced compared to others so I don't see anyone going out of the way to make a synthetic filter for you any time soon. ... but hey hopefully I'm wrong

Niche car here, but not in Europe.

Although a lot of people don't like them (Fix It Again Tony), and I would not buy one, I know a woman who with her husband, owns two. A regular 500 and. a 500L. They love them.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

They would sell a ton of anything "Synthetic and organic", until someone actually thought about what that would mean.....

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
robo339 said:
a lot of people don't like them (Fix It Again Tony),

Or,

" Finally I Arrived There!!!! "

Actually, Consumer's Reports owners surveys rate the reliability of the 500 as Average. The 500L, Worse than Average.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Originally Posted By: robo339

Niche car here, but not in Europe.

Although a lot of people don't like them (Fix It Again Tony), and I would not buy one, I know a woman who with her husband, owns two. A regular 500 and. a 500L. They love them.

Hence why I put niche car they aren't really popular here (tx) or the u.s. for that matter the only one I've seen where I live was crunched between a wall and a truck I'm sure they are fun but I have no use for one the holes in my driveway would total it out

I've ran cellulose media cartridge filters on multiple vehicles for up to 10k OCI's on synthetic (group III) oil.

No issues, filters looked great when they were removed.

Hey, +1 for 500. They have oodles of charm and personality. Far more important than mere practicality.

I'd stay with OEM, I agree that syn media is over rated, if you're wanting to baby your baby, just halve the rec OCI and change the filter every time.

As an FYI, the 500 is made in Mexico, while 500L is made in the Yugo factory. 'nuf said....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back