Fram oil filter XG10600 comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing someone is paid by the FRAM Group IP LLC to monitor web activity of Fram oil filter discussions on this website.
Dear Fram, I'd like to use the XG10600 oil filter for my 2013 VW GTI and my wife 2015 Audi A4 quattro. Wal-Mart is the only retailer I can purchase the filter at locally and they want $31.54 for it. Who on earth is paying such an absurd price for an oil filter? I'm guessing no one is buying these at Wal-Mart. The German made Mann, same as the VW OEM oil filter, is less than half the price at Advanced Auto.

Example of a missed sale due to being expensive: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186866

I see the Fram at Rock Auto for around $21, with a $2 rebate...

Wiz 57561, I think. is around $15

Last edited:
The XG8712 for my GF's car is 28.xx at WM.

I assume its high price is due to being made in such low quantities, but I wonder why WM would only carry the $28 version of this filter when Fram at least makes the CA8712. Not sure on the TG though.

I am only running her car at 3k intervals due to the engine being filthy so running the XG 2x isnt appealing to me.

So far, the Mahle filters from AAP (w/ free shipping) seem to be the best buy followed by the Oreilly MG.

Dear unhappy consumer, our recommendation for vehicles with cartridge oil filter the German brands such as Mann, Mahle, Hengst ... are better constructed filter and lower price to boot. Our own Fram cartridge filters are over-priced and quality aren't as good, avoid buying our cartridge oil filter if possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Fram filter marketing.

check out this earlier thread

And yeah, the XG8712 is crackhead priced too. I mean, why do they even bother? Especially since the Wix XP and Puro Synthetic are under $20. If I had a Volvo, I'd use the Mann HU 819x which is like $6 or less on eBay.

As for the 10600, people just put them in OCOD boxes (the PH10600 is about $10 at WM).

But I totally agree, $30 is OUTRAGEOUS for an oil filter! I mean, it doesn't even have the suregrip!!

economies of scale friend. also, germans are rich in general. try to keep up with those jones's and you will be very poor in no time.

No wonder oil changes cost so much. But seriously, that filter looks huge for a Golf or A4. Has anyone cut one of these open? I'm curious what's different about it other than it looks different.

If someone from Purolator was being paid to monitor here,they sure haven't taken the paper/media tears seriously from all the letters users have gotten back from them.I doubt Fram would pay any attention either.

Buying an Audi then complaining about the prices is just a part of owning fine German engineering.

Larger sump means larger filter perhaps? My dads A4 holds 7 quarts and the filter is about the size of a Motorcraft FL1A.

I am ditching Mann filters (due to tearing) for this thing and am going to strictly use either the Oreilly MG or WIX depending on my mood.

To those of you who remember the chewed up cam picture, it is getting a junkyard engine (with a warranty) and should be done in a few weeks.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back