Does Anyone Know If Purolator Fixed Their Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the advice from Purolator to buy the latest product to take advantage of undisclosed product improvements?

My own action will be to no longer stockpile non synthetic filters. I wasn't impressed with the media on my FL820S. It was very stiff and perhaps that was due to it's age before I used it.

How 'latest' is latest enough to be able to take advantage of undisclosed product improvements? If we were given something quantifiable, less vague, then we could actually use that information, but so far that's been elusive if it exists.

I'm +1 on not stockpiling filters that don't have at least a blended synthetic media. I have four Mobil 1 filters as well as three Purolator Synthetics in my garage and a Mobil 1 filter on my truck currently - and my truck takes the same size as FL820S.

For my wife's car I have a Fram Xtendedguard and a Mobil 1 filter in the garage. She's been running whatever jobber filter the AAA Car Care Plus place uses for 7k - 8k OCI's (she goes by her OLM). I'm not 100% comfortable with that going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back