Fluid Film at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jason_Michaels
Most Lowes stores now carry FF for $9.90 a can.

Thanks for the heads up.

What department is it carried in?

NOTE: I checked the Lowes website and out of 4 Lowes in my area the one closes to me doesn't carry it but the others do.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this stuff, so I "googled" it. It sounds interesting - what's it typically used for?

Ed

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
I've never heard of this stuff, so I "googled" it. It sounds interesting - what's it typically used for?

Ed

I use to to coat the bottom of the car in winter, to help with salt attacking the metal and causing rust.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

Ed

FF and CarWell and Krown all help in preventing rust from developing or getting worse. They should be applied every spring.

Fluid film sent me an email notification saying the aerosol product is now being carried at Lowes! Although I primarily buy my fluid film in bulk from my local Napa, my local lowes already has aerosol cans in stock and and I am stoked!

Now if only a local store would start selling non aerosol and bulk CorrosionX!

If you are serious about it, the best way to apply it is to buy the Pro spray gun and kit from www.kellsportproducts.com. You will need to buy the fluid film in bulk and also have a fairly large (20 gallons minimum I would say) compressor to do the job however.

If you just wanted to try it out and don't want to buy anything else and/or don't have a compressor, buy 8-15 aerosol cans and go at it. If you have a compact car, 8 cans will probably do. If you have a large truck or SUV, 15 cans should do the trick. Spray the fluid film all over everything with the exception of the brakes. The exhaust you can also avoid as it will just burn off and be a waist but it doesn't matter a bit if you do get any on the exhaust system.

Some other notes- 1. Try to wash the undercarriage the best you can before you apply any type of treatment, including fluid film. 2. Fluid film has very strange smell that is hard to describe. Some folks say it smells like a wet dog, some say it smells like a fresh pack of band-aids, some describe it as sweet smelling, like cotton candy. This smell, takes about 2 solid weeks to totally disappear from your vehicle once treated. The first few hours can be very stinky if you have a sensitive nose and drive in stop and go traffic. 3. To save time and product, you may wish to avoid spraying the wheel wells. The wheel wells are simply too high of a wash area and you need the brush on product called fluid film AR, not any of the spray on versions.

4. see my other posts about undercoatings here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...748#Post3067748

Hi Ed,
Fluid film is basically lanolin from sheep's wool; also known as wool wax. It has no VOC's, and is non-toxic as well. Their website makes it sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread, and maybe it is. I use it as a bore preservative in guns I won't be using for more than a couple of months. I will be using it for an undercoat for my already rusty 2000 Nissan Frontier. I bought a kit from the FF website with a gallon of fluid and a spray gun that you hook up to an air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back