Toyota 90915-YZZG1 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter was used on a 5VZ-FE 3.4L V6 with Castrol GTX High Mileage 5w30 for approximately 4,000mi.

There were no noticeable tears and the media felt firm as it should. The ADBV was perfectly pliable. Well built filter IMO.

CrGmco8.jpg

VKQgExv.jpg

Uv2Aet4.jpg

JZRcZn9.jpg

pHP5bZ9.jpg

TM2wdMa.jpg

8ZQnxbV.jpg

H5IZtpy.jpg

QsfEZLK.jpg

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Looks like a Purolator product, no tears so it looks like it did the job.

That's what I was thinking. Most Toyota filters use glue rather than metal end caps.

At one point Tooyota stamped Puro made filters its own. If this is not an old stock filter they must be back to Puro.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
At one point Tooyota stamped Puro made filters its own. If this is not an old stock filter they must be back to Puro.
This filter was purchased about this time last year from a local mom 'n' pop auto parts store.

Not sure how old it was when I bought it, but it's a common filter used on a lot of engines so they couldn't have sat on the sheves for too long.

Toyota dealers here use this filter on almost every single thing they sell except commercial vehicles such as trucks and buses.

It look exactly like the Purolator #10241 that I use on the Lexus in my signature. Especially the base plate with the #16 stamped in it and the oblong holes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back